Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Stains on tiles since they were laid a year ago!! in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

C

Charlotte Braham

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi all I’m new here but I’m at loss now it’s been nearly a year since we had some white porcelain tiles laid with underfloor heating in the living room and hall way however shortly after they were laid I noticed they were stained I tried loads of cleaners some seemed to make it better some did nothing anyway I had the tiler back out he said he couldn’t see what I was on about but said he would clean them down anyway .. this didn’t make much difference anyway I have started to notice it more and more I’ve used so much different things but the marks are still there it’s not on all the tiles but some are worse than others does anyone have any ideas what this could be as it’s been like this from day one it’s not dirt and the floors are always kept clean any help would be fab thanks Charlotte the picture I have just posted they are just mopped clean so still abit wet it’s hard to get a good pic as in certain lighting on the camera it doesn’t show well

E1028552-B3D1-4ADA-B2A1-129A8891DE67.jpeg 6421A55C-5149-4859-9E85-0164A996FE24.jpeg 4CCDCC06-9DBD-4D26-8D3E-336F80A9B97A.jpeg

OP
C

Charlotte Braham

Omg is it actually Wickes and not the tiler lol I rang Wickes at the time and they pointed me back to the tiler lol .. ok I will try that.. It was an expensive job with all the underfloor heating but I’m literally on the verge of ripping it all up if I can’t find something to fix it. I’m guessing Wickes won’t take blame for it will they?

OP
C

Charlotte Braham

Would u recommend a decent scrubbing brush also .. the ones I buy either seem too harsh or fall apart lol x

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
An alkaline cleaner would be the first to test and safest as above, as they may be a smear of polymer/ cementisiouse residue remaining from the grout install.
With the upmost respect to impish , I would test Lithofin intensive cleaner. Specific porcelain cleaner from that range
Others available

Test on one tile only, dilute product 1-3
Apply generously to one tile and scrub over with a white emulsifying pad every 1 min of 8-10 mins
Rinse several times and towel dry
Check the tile ,repeat if req
If clear work through in small controlled sections
If this has not moved , you may need to test a cement residue remover as above
Once this residue is removed the floor will be easier to maintain.

OP
C

Charlotte Braham

Fab thanks so much I will have a look online now!! I pray this solves the problem!!

OP
C

Charlotte Braham

I will add I’ve tried loads of cleaners such as HG TILE CLEANER - LTP POWER STRIPPER .. so would you still recommend the intensive cleaner rather than power clean?

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I wondered how you used it, this will be an alkaline product and a good one.

did you use a white pad, scrub every min of the suggested time or apply and wipe off after the suggested time.

OP
C

Charlotte Braham

I think I applied waited abit then scrubbed for a bit with a normal kitchen green scouter then wiped off I think

Reply to Stains on tiles since they were laid a year ago!! in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock