Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Stabila FLS 90 floor laser?!? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So I suppose my real one question Marc :D:D:D:D:D
Is ..... are the targets a good enough substitute for chalk lines when initially checking multiple rooms for squarity?

I know squarity isn't a word Marc but I feel the need to humour you.
And I'm not planning to do away with chalk lines (or my trusty jury staffs) - just want to avoid loads of datum lines and only snap my final tile lines. I've had mop out before cos I no longer had a Scooby what line was what!! lol

O

Old Mod

So I suppose my real one question Marc :D:D:D:D:D
Is ..... are the targets a good enough substitute for chalk lines when initially checking multiple rooms for squarity?

I know squarity isn't a word Marc but I feel the need to humour you.
And I'm not planning to do away with chalk lines (or my trusty jury staffs) - just want to avoid loads of datum lines and only snap my final tile lines. I've had mop out before cos I no longer had a Scooby what line was what!! lol
If you mean leave the targets in place while you check about, yeah I suppose they would be. The way I use the targets is so that I can see the line at greater distances. But I will ALWAYS put in one datum line to start with and go from there. To my mind you need a reference point, and mine will always be the longest line I can find thro the building.
So for instance, I’ll go to the corridor that runs in to the main area for example, centre it and ping a line. Then using that line I’ll reference each and every room from it. Regardless of whether I use that line in the end. But for me, you need one, if not two lines, perpendicular to each other. Then you can plus or minus off each line.
How does that grab you? :p

O

Old Mod

Square out the job in red chalk Nick then strike your tile to line in say a blue etc, that way you won't get confused.

91D3C68E-5D2B-4837-809C-1DAABE1B66EA.jpeg

I

Italy

sorry, I was wrong.
I promised myself,
I did not answer further laser trend.
like trend rls.
therefore it is the last answer. ahahha

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yup yup, will have a play with 'em when they arrive. Should be just in time for tile the floor I'm prepping (50 bags of weber floor flex!!!!)

O

Old Mod

Yup yup, will have a play with 'em when they arrive. Should be just in time for tile the floor I'm prepping (50 bags of weber floor flex!!!!)
Oh sorry mate, thought you’d have them by now haha no wonder you hadn’t said anything. Haha

Reply to Stabila FLS 90 floor laser?!? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock