Discuss Stabila FLS 90 floor laser?!? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

Marc is your Dewalt any use for setting out floors or is the PLS better?
Does exactly the same job Lee, Dewalt travels further obviously, but the pls has a finer beam at the cross hairs.
I’d still choose the dewalt, second time around.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Marc, you know the little floor targets?
I'm guessing they are handy for multi-room set outs - Square off in one room and place the targets, now I'm free to move laser along to ping a line down in to next room and so on - is that right?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not been this excited over a new tool since I got my 2nd gen XR brushless dewalt drill + impactor!!! :D

O

Old Mod

Marc, you know the little floor targets?
I'm guessing they are handy for multi-room set outs - Square off in one room and place the targets, now I'm free to move laser along to ping a line down in to next room and so on - is that right?
Absolutely Nick, as long as you’ve set your main datum line, you can move it wherever you like mate, long as you keep one line on it.

F

Flintstone

When setting out floors with your lasers so you just work to the laser or mark the floor and put the laser away

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Absolutely Nick, as long as you’ve set your main datum line, you can move it wherever you like mate, long as you keep one line on it.

Last question Marc :p
If I'm using the targets accurately I assume I can be pinging off new datum lines even though the main DL is in another room and I've no longer got a line on it because I've shifted the targets as I go (y axis then x axis etc..) Jeez sounds way more complicated when you type it out lol

L

LM

It’s just the same as 345ing trough multiple rooms with a chalk line except you don’t actually have to do the 345. Mark laser lines and strike a line and move on off that and so on.

O

Old Mod

When setting out floors with your lasers so you just work to the laser or mark the floor and put the laser away
Sometimes either or both Andy, haha just depends how I’m feeling or what’s happening.
Sometimes I’ll project the laser over the adhesive if I’m doing something like herringbone, where you need to see your line but also need to have adhesive, or say brickbond :eek: you understand what I mean Andy?

O

Old Mod

Last question Marc :p
If I'm using the targets accurately I assume I can be pinging off new datum lines even though the main DL is in another room and I've no longer got a line on it because I've shifted the targets as I go (y axis then x axis etc..) Jeez sounds way more complicated when you type it out lol
Haha yes Nick, start with one datum, strike it, move along to next opening or wherever you need a perpendicular line. Set laser along your original datum and set your new datum with the new beam. :D

L

LM

Sometimes either or both Andy, haha just depends how I’m feeling or what’s happening.
Sometimes I’ll project the laser over the adhesive if I’m doing something like herringbone, where you need to see your line but also need to have adhesive, or say brickbond :eek: you understand what I mean Andy?
I was just typing more or less the same answer Marc lol.

Reply to Stabila FLS 90 floor laser?!? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks