Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Sponsorships In Queensland Australia in the Tilers: find tiling jobs listed here area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Rodders999

Rodders999 Active Member

Wall and Floor Tiling Job in

Hi Everyone
    I run a tiling company in Queensland Australia. I have 4 full time employees, two of whom are already on a 457 visa. This visa will allow the holder to become an Australian citizen after four years.
    The company benefits include:
    4 Weeks Holiday pay. Paid at 1.175%
    2 Weeks Sick Leave
    10 Days Public Holiday
    Tavel Allowance
    9.5% Superannuation
    Mobile phone
    Ongoing Company Training
    Please note: This is not a training position. This position requires an experienced, competent wall and floor tiler.
    You must be clean and tidy, able to work unsupervised and polite. There will of course be some gap training provided as part of the transition but essentially you must be a very good tiler.
    The successful applicant will work under my licence. Applicants can send their resume to [email protected]

Take a look at where you could call home
    Pictures of Brisbane - Take Our Virtual Tour - Brisbane Australia - http://www.brisbane-australia.com/brisbane-pictures.html

If you'd like to quote for this tiling job in then please contact the member who posted the job directly. If you'd like to generally ask questions about the job, please feel free to reply to this thread, as the extra details may help others work out whether the job is suitable for them or not.

TilersForums.co.uk recommends getting three tilers in to quote for all tiling jobs, and to check references from previous customers for each. Then customers need to make their own mind up as to who is best for them.

DO NOT REPLY WITH PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESSES OR PHONE NUMBERS - SHARE THOSE VIA THE FORUM MESSAGING SYSTEM INSTEAD. POSTS WITH SUCH DETAILS RISK BEING EDITED OR REMOVED
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  2. impish

impish Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

Sounds fantastic!

3. detroitMi

detroitMi Professional Tiler

I would relocate to Australia

4. jcrtiling

jcrtiling Professional Tiler TTA Member

Great opportunity for someone . To work in Australia do tilers have to an official qualification before starting work there . If so is that something you can help with .
    Would a British qualification count .
    Generally speaking is it hard to find tilers in Australia

5. Rodders999

Rodders999 Active Member

Hi
    No formal qualifications are required as you would work under my license. Tilers are generally a skill in demand but my clients are not generally affected by how the economy is performing, and so I am always busy

6. Rodders999

Rodders999 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. jcrtiling

So just a general query . Are you saying tilers need a qualification if they were say working for themselves . Because we had the discussion on this forum the other day about people not really knowing what they were doing and getting in over their heads and wether something should be done about it.
    Thanks

8. df1777

df1777 Active Member

I presumed you could move there with an nvq level 3 as my old tiling teacher at college said you could. So I got mine so my options are open

9. jcrtiling

One reason I got mine . Options

10. Rodders999

Rodders999 Active Member

I will check the details regarding qualifications tomorrow with the agent. If you were to work for yourself then you would need a licence to do any work over $3,300. As far as not knowing what you are doing, this happens, but not in my company. There is always a discussion first, on any new job, and then ongoing communication especially with a new employee.

11. Rodders999

Rodders999 Active Member

· UNIT GROUP 3334 WALL AND FLOOR TILERS

· Indicative Skill Level. Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.

ü In Australia: AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)

ü In New Zealand: NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

Registration or licensing may be required.

12. Rodders999

Rodders999 Active Member

Hi everyone so far I have only had one application which is very surprising. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] with your name followed by the word ‘sponsorship’ in the subject field. Thank you

13. timeless john

timeless john Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Any age restrictions?
    :)

• Funny Funny x 2
Find a Tiler Post a Job Ask a Question Tile Events Tile Pics Blog Adhesive Poll Handy Downloads