Discuss Split Substrates in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

lewie

TF
Reaction score
Please could somebody give me some advice.

I've been asked to quote on two jobs this week and both have split substrates.

Floor 1 is half timber and half new concrete screed with ufh. Client wants to lay 800 x 800 porcelain tile and the area is about 60m2.

Floor 2 is half old concrete screed and half with new anhydrite screed with ufh. Client wants to lay a 4 size porcelain tiles.

Any advice regarding expansion joints, crack isolation matting etc gratefully received.

Lewie

J

J Sid

uncoupling membrane over both floors, I use Ditra but may other out there, with movement / expansion joint along line of substrate joints, this should go though tiles adhesive and uncoupling.
use a purpose made profile or a colour match silicon.

Reply to Split Substrates in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks