Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sound underlay like easy mat in the US in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Deleted member 51481

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello. can anyone recommend sound underlay to be fitted between a concrete slab and 10mm porceline tiles in a kitchen diner. We need to deaden sound in a room with a vaulted ceiling because it will be mainly hard surfaces due to quartz worktops etc and no soft furnishings. Plus it's a large room at 30sqm.
Can only find easy mat on YouTube but it's a US product.
Cheers

OP
F

Flintstone

Schluter sell a sound deadening mat which is about 8mm thick, I think it's £25 a meter retail, or a cheaper alternative which is thinner and looks similar to Tilemaster antifracture mat but is about 4mm thick is a Norcross product but I can't recall the exact name of it.

OP
D

Dumbo

I've used the it . It's called Norcross acoustic matting . It's made from rubber and cork and is 3

OP
O

Old Mod

If you fit an acoustic mat beneath your floor tile you will have to rethink the finishing point of the latex’d floor you’re having installed.
You’re already incredibly tight in the low point of the bi-fold doors.
You’ll need to allow the thickness of your tile plus
4-5mm of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ plus the 3mm for acoustic mat.

Reply to Sound underlay like easy mat in the US in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock