Discuss Solid wall tanking yes / no ? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi lads,

It's me again, and seeking for an advise regarding a new project I am going to start soon.

My customer will have a freestanding bathtub and wetroom. However, for the wetroom I would like to know what is the best way to tank. Do you guys would recommend using the wedi, jackoboards on solid brick walls or do you think rubber liquid like ardex, or from mapei would be enough and better ?

I was thinking to put wedi boards onto the wall what would you recommend.

I am sorry if people have asked the question already.

Kind regrads

Ronny

B

Blunt Tool

Hi lads,

It's me again, and seeking for an advise regarding a new project I am going to start soon.

My customer will have a freestanding bathtub and wetroom. However, for the wetroom I would like to know what is the best way to tank. Do you guys would recommend using the wedi, jackoboards on solid brick walls or do you think rubber liquid like ardex, or from mapei would be enough and better ?

I was thinking to put wedi boards onto the wall what would you recommend.

I am sorry if people have asked the question already.

Kind regrads

Ronny
I would still Wedi board adhesive and mechanical fixed, then tape and tank joints

B

Blunt Tool

Thanks a lot for the fast respond.
Oulu you fix the boards with dot and dap onto the wall or what would be the right way / best way to fit them onto the wall?
Depends if the wall is pretty flat and plumb then serrated trowel flexi adhesive and screws/washers, or built out to suit with adhesive then screws/washers

Reaction score
Depends if the wall is pretty flat and plumb then serrated trowel flexi adhesive and screws/washers, or built out to suit with adhesive then screws/washers
Alright, got you.

I guess that's the better way, I will let someone do the wall straight and then will fit the boards with adhesive straight onto the wall and then using washer and screws.

Thanks for the help and advise, thumbs up for your help.

Reply to Solid wall tanking yes / no ? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks