Discuss Snickers floor layers trousers in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

cuemanlew

I agree with most here, I wore floorlayers for years but about 3 years ago I noticed the quality dropped off, they used to mention Kevlar in the knees and guarantee for 2 years but not anymore. I'm currently uying cheap dewalt trousers, not as comfy, don't last long but at £25. I'm getting 4/6 months so not too bad

Reaction score
Hi, have only just started tiling for a living and this is my first post on the forum. I've been looking for a good work trouser for tiling in. I've been wearing Snickers for the last 3 years and they've been fairly good although I haven't bought a pair for about a year. I've had several people tell me that the new range of Snickers are completely crap. I decided to try a pair of site work trousers from Screwfix, I think they're the worst pair of workers I've ever had....I'm 34" leg 34"waste and the fit is just rubbish. The knee pads don't fall in the right place so when you kneel down the pads burst through the Velcro. I'm now at a loss as to what to buy....any suggestions please. Cheers Dave.

B

Blunt Tool

Hi, have only just started tiling for a living and this is my first post on the forum. I've been looking for a good work trouser for tiling in. I've been wearing Snickers for the last 3 years and they've been fairly good although I haven't bought a pair for about a year. I've had several people tell me that the new range of Snickers are completely crap. I decided to try a pair of site work trousers from Screwfix, I think they're the worst pair of workers I've ever had....I'm 34" leg 34"waste and the fit is just rubbish. The knee pads don't fall in the right place so when you kneel down the pads burst through the Velcro. I'm now at a loss as to what to buy....any suggestions please. Cheers Dave.
Welcome Dave, there are a few suggestions of alternatives on this thread :) I myself like and wear the snickers Floorlayers with the d30 pad inserts when I’m doing big floors are brilliant imo! Good to see you post

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I find Scruffs worker plus work trousers from screwfix to be comfy and pretty durable.was going to say a real bargain at £28 but just popped on the website to order another pair and they've jumped up to £35!!! Still a good buy

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
A bit of an update, Earlier in this thread I complained about the longevity of the standard 3223 floorlayers. Then back in November, I was offered the chance to try out a "new and improved " Snickers floorlayers trouser. At the time these were marked " prototype, but they have now been released as 6923.
Now normally I would wear two pairs over the week, but to get the hours up on these, they have been worked hard, exclusively, 5 or 6 days a week, for over 6 months.
They are going back for evaluation tomorrow, but they are miles ahead of the 3223.
Much more comfortable than the canvas type 3223, slightly stretchy, warmer in winter, yet also somehow cooler in warmer weather?
The knee pocket material still has me amazed, First impressions I was extremely dubious. It looks like very very heavy ladies tights material, (300 denier lol ) This area was first to go in my old trousers , but even now, I honestly cannot see any wear in them. I don't know what material it's made from, but I'd easily say that by now , the older trousers would have been shedding polystyrene beads, after wearing through the trousers, and the knee pads themselves!
Some other good points, they come with an integrated belt, yes it has a plastic buckle, which I was dubious about, but it has held up well, and less chance of marking say a worktop, whilst leaning over it.
Saying that, they aren't perfect. They have a button fly , which is just odd. They still have the stupid extra elephant ears pockets, and crucially the thigh areas are only single layered, (where the 3223 were double layered here). This is the area that is showing most wear atm. back buttering large tiles on your knee has worn them thin in places, and the shards from nibbling tiles over a knee has cut them through in places . Perhaps one area that needs improvement.
Yes they certainly are not cheap, but they are imo a vast improvement over the 3223

O

One Day

Jumping on this thread.
I bought a pair and wore them today for the first time.
The stretchy knee material is truly brilliant. Knee pads fit very easily and are much more comfortable (they already were)
They are lighter and comfier than the old ones.
The overall fit is better - particularly around the bum!
I am always hunting for a belt in the dark in the mornings so the integral belt is great.
Pockets are improved with extra loops.
They've put drawstrings on the bottoms which I liked in Blakladers.
First impressions are very good but after only one day on my knees I can't guess how they will last. I used to get 6 months out of the old ones.
Two complaints - I still wish I could load the pads from the front, rather than having to strip off when I want them out.
The sizing is snugger than last time so watch your waist measurements.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Dewalt shorts from screwfix-£25.great fit.haven't taken them off since I bought them about three weeks ago..........only to wash ;)

O

One Day

I've been living in Scruffs shorts and using a kneeling pad the past 2 weeks, but had to really motor on and get a full floor down today.
Hence the pants went back on.
Surprisingly cool though.

L

LM

I've been living in Scruffs shorts and using a kneeling pad the past 2 weeks, but had to really motor on and get a full floor down today.
Hence the pants went back on.
Surprisingly cool though.
What model number are they Mark?

Reply to Snickers floor layers trousers in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks