Discuss Slope for Wet Room Floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I posted on this in the main forum but responses although gratefully received are fairly slow coming and I need to make decisions quite soon.

Below is a diagram for my bathroom renovation. New stud walls being erected and new concrete floor.

Question:

Will the slope shown for the tiled floor below be sufficient to stop water being splashed onto the nearby door or going out into the adjoining hallway.

I can live with putting in a half width shower screen on the wall but would really like to avoid putting a raised stepover in the floor.

Are there any guidelines available on this. Will a screen and/or stepover be needed.

77892-f3f2f9658992052fa795db72d82a9806.jpg

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I agree, a screen will be needed door side if thats the end the shower is going.

Reaction score
Thanks for opinions. We can live with that. Do you think screen would have to go all the way to floor level.

Visually I would prefer a screen that would be supported on legs about 10cm high and also sit slightly proud from the wall. Ideally I could find a foldable one supported only at the wall to allow better access. Must start looking at what’s available

T

Time's Ran Out

Put a bar across the door a couple of mm high to stop any creeping out, use UFH to dry up flat area.
At the end of the day you can add the glass after all the jobs complete if required.

D

Dumbo

What you have to consider is that if you were in a 850 mm shower would the shower glass be getting wet and if so how wet and to how high .
Now do you think you need a decent shower screen .

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I would have a full height screen 600mm with a 300 flipper on the end to keep the water in. Would also have under floor heating. Have you checked you have sufficient fall and drainage to cope with the shower flow

Reaction score
Thanks for all the pointers. There is good head room so not much restriction on height that screen can be so I just have to make sure it’s tall enough. I reckon I can assess that.

Re flow: I was thinking I would need 20mm per metre fall but I probably need to check that also. It will not be a power shower.

I was looking at the Schluter linear drains and the connection on those willl be the limiter. I can check the specs of that I guess vs the specs of the shower I intend to buy.

D

Dumbo

Thanks for all the pointers. There is good head room so not much restriction on height that screen can be so I just have to make sure it’s tall enough. I reckon I can assess that.

Re flow: I was thinking I would need 20mm per metre fall but I probably need to check that also. It will not be a power shower.

I was looking at the Schluter linear drains and the connection on those willl be the limiter. I can check the specs of that I guess vs the specs of the shower I intend to buy.
Why not get a drain where you can use a 50mm waste

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Most linear drains take a McAlpine trap, they drain around 26l per minute on 40mm waste pipe.
Turbo wastes on 50mm will normally be around 35-40l minute.

Reaction score
Just like to say thank you for all the responses above. Much appreciated.

The tiles arrived on a pallet yesterday. Nervous few minutes checking and counting them all out but zero damage and they threw in a few extra for free. Builders should be starting work within a couple of weeks but tile laying will be quite a while after that I imagine. Will post a photo or two at some point.

Reply to Slope for Wet Room Floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks