Discuss SLC Spiked roller. in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Alan M

hi there.
iv seen the rollers and was wondering if they were worth getting. i dont (havent until now ) done much SLC over large areas. iv done it in trenchs etc to level up to the old floor.
can you get a real small one like 5-6 inchs wide as this would suite the trench work better than a wider one.
also iv read that they put air into the SLC , is this right. in concrete work you vibrate it to take out the air and make it stonger. putting in air seems wrong to me. iv seen SLC with little dimples in the surface where the air has popped out .
am i reading it right
thanks in advance
alan

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

The rollers take the air out, the spikes burst any air bubbles as well as moving the SLC around, they definitely don't put air into the SLC.

W

White Room

I used spiked rollers for resin floors to get the air bubbles out, I have one and never used for slc.

A

Alan M

im not sure if im allowed this link or not
http://www.***********************.co.uk/screed-roller-with-handle-20rws096-24-p.asp
anyway it states the following
Screed Roller, this 20" spiked aeration roller comes with a full extendable handle and splatter guard. The spikes ensure air is added to the wet screed as it is rolled across the floor. This helps form the perfect level surface on which the floor layer can then continue to work. When laying screed this tool is very necessary, the added air allows an even setting of screed.
i new i wasnt dreaming it up . it should be taking it out

W

White Room

If it works for you Alan and does the job then use it mate...

J

jay

From memory the air bubbles come from mixing the slc at a high speed (could be wrong)

A

Alan M

can you get a small roller , say 6 inchs. id use it for trenches

R

Rich

I use a notched trowel, this also lets the air escape from the SLC.

Q

Qwerty

I use both trowel and spiked roller. Must say I prefer trowel around perimeter and to feather off, and roller for the deeper/ larger areas :thumbsup:

S

Stef

I bought a spiked roller from TradeTiler at christmas time & it is good to get the floors really level.

Leveled 3 floors with it & wish i had bought 1 sooner.

Reply to SLC Spiked roller. in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks