Discuss Skirting boards cut or tile against ? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Ben Ross

hi guys just wondering what your opinions on this are, this is for floor tiles

do use butt the tile up against the skirting boards

or do u use a multitool and cut out the bottom of the skirting and lay tile under ?

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I always try and remove skirting, but as local tiler said, not everyone is happy with such things so just butt upto. Definitely cut bottom of architraves off tho

W

White Room

Had to price a job where he wanted about 180m of skirting's bottoms cut so the tiles would slide under nicely and there was sockets on the skirting, nobody knew where the wire runs were.

Didn't get the job :rolleyes:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
pain in the backside with skirtings on, but needs must.
Last 4 or 5 floors ive done have had them fit before tiling.
My favourite was the 130m2 limestone floor, went and priced it befor it was plastered, went to tile it and it was fully decorated with skirtings on :mad::mad::mad:
This one im doing now, they have just had the house fully decorated and re carpeted, now they are redoing the kitchen area last, makes life much more interesting ;)

Reply to Skirting boards cut or tile against ? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks