Discuss Single Tile lifting suckers in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

can anyone tell me which are the best single suction cups, I’ve been using an old one when needed but it’s time for a couple of nice ones. I’ve seen some that work on un even surfaces..

G

GoneGuy

I think there a few out there but not sure which is the best, I’m sure @3_fall would be good to tell you as he uses them for super large format

D

Dumbo

I use sigma suction cups . They come as a pair . About £50 for the pair . Vastly better than any other sucker I've used £10 or £12 .

W

WetSaw

Exactly the problem I have at the moment with some 600x600 lightly textured porcs. Not too much of a problem on the floor but the same tiles are going on the walls and my suckers don't suck on them and I'm not looking forward to juggling with them!

D

Dumbo

downloadfile-1.jpg
these ones

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I don't even understand how that ^^ works!!

O

Old Mod

I don't even understand how that ^^ works!!
The handles open up nick and the rubber base lays flat, when you close them up it creates a vacuum beneath attaching the sucker.
Textured ones work because they have a bigger skirt arrangement around the outside making the edge more flexible allowing it to adhere to a textured surface correctly.

O

Old Mod

You can buy decent hand pump vacuum lifters from around £50, all the way up to battery operated
@£750
Most hand pump ones I’ve used have worked well, it’s all about budget.
Always worth stretching that bit extra for lifters that cope with textured surfaces, but they do require more work attaching them. Not significantly, probably 50% more effort to attach.
Depends how lazy you are I suppose. :D

F

Flintstone

Only occasional use for me for arkward cuts, high up cuts, removing tiles etc, the sigma ones look about right !

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Are the silver ones in the pic Sigma's?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The handles open up nick and the rubber base lays flat, when you close them up it creates a vacuum beneath attaching the sucker.
Textured ones work because they have a bigger skirt arrangement around the outside making the edge more flexible allowing it to adhere to a textured surface correctly.

I'm glad you added that 2nd sentence Marc - if you hadn't I'd be worried what you must think of me :p

O

Old Mod

I'm glad you added that 2nd sentence Marc - if you hadn't I'd be worried what you must think of me :p
I realised that as I was writing it mate, so I thought I’d elaborate rather than delete anything. Haha
At least that way if anyone is in the dark as to how they work, it should help some haha

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I thought it must be some sort of big foot Gecko tech

O

Old Mod

I happen to have a high opinion of you Nick, so no, I certainly didn’t think anything less of you haha

Reply to Single Tile lifting suckers in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks