Discuss Silicone joints and Cramer in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

After a member posting about the Fugi 5 Piece kit I thought I would see what they were all about (More easy silicone joints | Cramer FUGI Professional - https://www.cramer.gmbh/en/silicone-joints/fugi-professional), and subsequently buy the kit.
I have always use the angle nozzle + wet finger technique (when applying and finishing silicone joints). I loathe silicone sealant with a passion.
I watched this video () to see it in action.

Looking at my silicone its concave in profile, cut the nozzle approaching 45 degrees and have covered 3 sides of a joint (on purpose - trying to do a good job). I've never degreased the joints (just clean).

I understand a low modulus sealant is more flexible than a High - why would you not use the more flexible always; whats the downside? (I dont think I ever use it for strength / construction).

B

Blunt Tool

After a member posting about the Fugi 5 Piece kit I thought I would see what they were all about (More easy silicone joints | Cramer FUGI Professional - https://www.cramer.gmbh/en/silicone-joints/fugi-professional), and subsequently buy the kit.
I have always use the angle nozzle + wet finger technique (when applying and finishing silicone joints). I loathe silicone sealant with a passion.
I watched this video () to see it in action.

Looking at my silicone its concave in profile, cut the nozzle approaching 45 degrees and have covered 3 sides of a joint (on purpose - trying to do a good job). I've never degreased the joints (just clean).

I understand a low modulus sealant is more flexible than a High - why would you not use the more flexible always; whats the downside? (I dont think I ever use it for strength / construction).
Good video :thumbsup:

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

I'm not sure about his grouping. Sealant is something I just hate so much and don't seem to be able to do it. I didn't know I was doing so much wrong.

B

Blunt Tool

Practice and you will soon be good. That’s the set I bought lately and it’s brilliant. I got rid of the soapy water spray aswell

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Smashing - nail polished remover it is. Makes sense rather than whatever is in multi surface cleaner (which I've used).

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Understood. In that case I use 1 litre sprays of ISOProp for cleaning air flow meters and a few other car bits. Mixture of distilled water (30%) and IsoPropyl (70%). I'm being informed for the more experienced person it's rubbing alcohol.

Anyway thanks I will put some in the tool kit. Appreciated.

Sterile IPA Alcohol 70% in WFI Water | Trigger Sprays - https://cleanroomsuppliesltd.com//item/sterile-ipa-de-alcohol/sterile-70-percent-ipa-alcohol-wfi-trigger-spray?mkwid=s&crid=139651322327&mp_kw=&mp_mt=&pdv=m&gclid=cj0kcqjwqshwbrdsarisalpwmepcn-slpci2ku3pp59hpei4h6u-3c1hantorcir1ni2joajsmp3nocaakotealw_wcb

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Silicone joints and Cramer in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks