Discuss Silicon seal on uneven tiles problem in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Pavel

TF
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just finished tiling on my diy bathroom project but come across problem with seal between 2 different type of tiles in my shower/bath area. I can't really find a good way to make smooth straight silicon line as light grey tiles on future wall are uneven and any silicon tool I was using just jumps over each line and it creates a zig-zag line. Anyone came across that problem and found solution? I never had problem with nice clean silicon seals but just can't find any good way of doing it on this one. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!!!!

IMAG1787.jpg IMAG1789.jpg IMAG1715.jpg

F

Flintstone

C095B791-3AF0-4551-9EC0-F26E5CF98194.jpeg
Hello, I recently did a job with the same tiles and on the vertical joints there is no way to make a neat job of it that i can figure out, I tried a few methods and opted for clear silicone and a soapy finger.
Did you have fun grouting them ?

Pavel

TF
Reaction score
Thx for response. Yeah lol a bit pain to clean them but I used scourer sponge day after to clean off wherever I missed btw I was thinking of using clear silicone but gap is like 2-4 mil and I thought it might look a bit dark/dirt due to grey adhesive I used.

Pavel

TF
Reaction score
Lmao I didn't realise how it might sound I meant clear silicon is transparent and gaps with grey adhesive behind might look darkish, not clean, especially that tiles I used are lighter colour. I have bought mapei Manhattan light grey silicon to match tiles and I'm hoping that it will blend with the wall and hide imperfections I will also try clear on one side to see which one will go better. Thanks for your input guys
@Localtiler I like your job on the picture above looks great!

O

One Day

I used Frog tape (Brown) and spent a while running it in and out of the gaps, but it did mask up well and I had a better looking joint for it.
Just don't be tempted to touch it with tools or fingers AFTER removing the tape though.

Sorry no pics - I didn't like it anyway!

D

Dougs Third Go

17156275_10210125357103503_7066392496327130206_n.jpg
17190722_10210125351943374_333561801706025890_n.jpg
I did my own bathroom in same tiles, yes a real pig to silicon. In hindsight I wondered if I'd have been better mitring the internal corners to give a smoother run with the silicon gun. I used one of those blue profiling tools and found that gave me the best result.

Reply to Silicon seal on uneven tiles problem in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks