Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sigma in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Can someone shed a little light on the Sigma range for me please! I have tried to understand the model numbers but can't seem to work out which ones are push/pull/klick klock. If I'm going to try one it needs to be a push one, so which one is that? Thanks in advance from a Rubi user looking to settle the ongoing debate :lol:

OP
S

Stewart

Stewart, we both know which cutters are best, I'm just going to settle the debate once an for all!

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

Bri sigma's are like crack cocain (think it's something in the paint) once you touch it, you become infected.... Next thing you know, you're selling your daughters christmas presents and the wife's anniversary gift just buy a klik-Klock freekin handle.... Don't do it Bri, Don't do it!

Of course.. the above opinion is just one of a sane normal tiler that realises sigma suck:prrr::prrr: ..... and yes, I have tried them!

OP
M

Mike

to save any wasted money i'd suggest borrowing one (if possible) bri for a few days and give it a good go till you get used to it:thumbsup: or till you're ready to smash it up :mad2:. i couldn't get round the pull cut at first but after a day or so i got used to it. i've only used the sigma in the last 2 years and now when i see someone push cutting it looks strange.

OP
J

jay

Well the way things are going in the tile game there are two options,
With tiles getting bigger and harder (have heard a few times that Rubi struggles with some porc) unless Rubi lift there game and produce a cutter to handle the change .
you either move to a cutter that will cope with change or stay in the dark ages and just keep winging :oops:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i would lend you my sigma, bri.......but you would want to keep it...:smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
OP
H

hillhead

My sigmas are going strong, all 3 of them.
My biggest dry cutter though is a 93cm and I'm going to look at a big job tomorrow with 1000 x 500mm porcelains !!
Could be time for a new cutter, lol.
Iv been cutting hard porcelains from yesterday on the 45 with no probs with my sigma 3B.

OP
M

Mike Mike

What was the outcome of this? Did you ever try a Sigma?

Here it is all Sigma, no one sells Rubi. I have used Sigma extensively and when you don't know something better exists, they are fine. Then I discovered Rubi in the U.K. and that's what I use now. I think Rubi designs are far superior to Sigma, but their manufacturing quality is not always that great. Of the two, it's Rubi all the way. If you want to try a Sigma, go to my local council tip, there are three there that I threw out before Christmas :lol:

Reply to Sigma in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock