Discuss Sigma in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gall.B

That would more than likely cut your problem tile mate, wouldnt pay the rrp though, a few have popped up on fleabay lately at half price brand new thats where I got my 900mm :thumbsup:

I

Ian

Don't get me wrong, my TX is brilliant, I just want to compare it to something else, if I don't get on with it, it won't be hard to get strong money for it second hand.

G

Gazzer

There a 900 Sigma on Ebay with click clock handle< its good condition but I wouldnt pay that for 2nd hand.
There a Tomenecic also but itsonly a 600 and £200 starting price, only cut 8 tiles he says/

I

Ian

There a 900 Sigma on Ebay with click clock handle< its good condition but I wouldnt pay that for 2nd hand.
There a Tomenecic also but itsonly a 600 and £200 starting price, only cut 8 tiles he says/

Just been looking at them Neale, the guy selling the Sigma advertised it on here I think? Sure I recognise the user name and the emigrating to Japan.

W

White Room

Don't get me wrong, my TX is brilliant, I just want to compare it to something else, if I don't get on with it, it won't be hard to get strong money for it second hand.

I've got the TX as well but it has the foam pads under the plates but find the sigma a lot firmer when breaking a tile and excellent for diagonal cuts.

G

Gazzer

Yep thats the one, he did sell it for about £245 but the buyer wanted it posted and the seller stated collection only.

R

Rich

Ok I am going to try to add my thoughts (even tho i am full of rum). I have only ever use Rubi cutters and think that they are brilliant but like you Bri I wanted to have a go on another cutter so i knew what I was talking about. Thanks to Mike :)thumbsup:) I got my hands on a monti. I am still preparing to do a full review on a Rubi man changing to a single rail cutter so will not say to much but I will put it like this. Since I bought the Monti I have not had the Rubi out of the van.

The single rail/double rail debate is a load or rubish if you ask me, I was expecting it to be really difficult to use after being used to seeing the wheel, not at all. It is different of course but you get used to it in about 5 mins.

bobbynz

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ok I am going to try to add my thoughts (even tho i am full of rum). I have only ever use Rubi cutters and think that they are brilliant but like you Bri I wanted to have a go on another cutter so i knew what I was talking about. Thanks to Mike :)thumbsup:) I got my hands on a monti. I am still preparing to do a full review on a Rubi man changing to a single rail cutter so will not say to much but I will put it like this. Since I bought the Monti I have not had the Rubi out of the van.

The single rail/double rail debate is a load or rubish if you ask me, I was expecting it to be really difficult to use after being used to seeing the wheel, not at all. It is different of course but you get used to it in about 5 mins.

"You get used to it " ay......mmm??........DELETED. ...I suppose if your comfortable with that you'd be comfy with anything ay??
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

i reckon you need the MAX system :thumbsup: :drool5:
[video=youtube;aafPGWrBRKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aafPGWrBRKI&amp;feature=player_embedded#![/video]

I

Ian

Stewart, we both know which cutters are best, I'm just going to settle the debate once and for all!

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Sigma in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks