Discuss Sigma Tile Cutter ,advise please in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

White Room

I love the klick klock handle on the sigma, could'nt get the hang of a pull handle

Reaction score
I have been a Rubi man since I started tiling but recently bought a Sigma 3c - I cut a 15mm wide, 600mm long piece from a 600 x 300 tile when I was 'playing' with it - I has never been able to do that with a Rubi
I may now be a fully fledged 'Sigma' man :)

G

garretridge

i have the sigma superb cutter and also rubi but have to admit once i got the hang of the pull mechanisum its cutting cpabilites are far superior after using rubi for three years im converted!:thumbsup:

S

Scott

I guess it depends on what rubi you use? The TS range is rubbish.

If you are going for the big sigma heed the advice about the size of it. I used one on a job once and its a MONSTER. You wont want that in a small bathroom or landing. I looked at getting one before i went for the montolit, It will cut the small stuff but it'll be bloomin awkward.

If i was to get another cutter id go for the 3c with the klick klock handle. From memory its cutting range is 750mm so will do most domestic installs, its not small but much better szed than the monster 900.

H

Homza

If you base it on their country's recent world cup performance guess you should go with the Rubi.
Both companies make great cutters just have to pick what works for you.
I manage to own one from both companies. My "rubbish" TS-40 has been in service since 1999. Works great for smaller ceramics and porcelains (but for 90 degree layouts, not so much for 45's) It is a classic design, and easy to see your marks.
Used their TX line also, very nice cutter.
For big stuff I use the Sigma 3DK. Love the klick klock handle. As mentioned it needs some space. Here is mine getting some fresh air and enjoying the view.

Attachments

• sigma 1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 101
  • sigma 2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 106
K

karlm98

i just bought a Sigma 3CM and its the best cutter i have owned they are a no brainer for porcs but also just an all round fantastic cutter, for small ceramics i use a rubi TS 40+

the 3d is a very large cutter so if you do lots of large format tile then its perfect but if you dont then its a space waster and you will get sick of lugging it around to cut the average tile and on small jobs it will be a pain if you have very lttle area to work in, who wants to keep running outside or up n down the stairs to cut a tile?

i think the 3C is a good size to start with as it cuts a 600 x 600 with room to spare so it will be money well spent and cover most of your cutting needs, further down the road you may want to get a smaller cutter for smaller work areas and of course small tiles.

also you may want to look at the 3b that will cut a 630mm tile and is a bit more portable

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Sigma Tile Cutter ,advise please in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks