Discuss Sigma Tile Cutter ,advise please in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

masonchat

Hi .

I have decided to take the plunge and invest in a decent cutter , i think i will go for the sigma 3D , i havent used one or know a lot about the different models .

Could some of you fine folk part with some wise words for me please . is the 3D good ?

H

hillhead

I have the 3D, 3B and the 10M.
The 3D is too big for everyday use, most of my work involves 600mm tiles and under so my 3B is my main cutter.
They're all class though.
As above though the 3C is in between my two so would be a good choice too IMO.

M

masonchat

wish i had it for the jobs ive done , seemed to get a run of 600mm porc tiles had to do them with a wet saw , you can imagine the pain i suffered : - )

M

masonchat

what i ment to ask is, will it be ok for smaller tiles as well , as i didnt have money to buy a good small and large 1 im going to get the large 1

G

Gazzer

yeah it will be fine but you may want a smaller one later on. I was cutting 200 x 100 with mine today easily.

D

DHTiling

Have you thought about a Rubi cutter.. much better than any Sigma.. :)

waits for replies.:lol:

J

jay

it will cut small tiles with ease but it is a big cutter and can be challenging when doing small areas take hillheads advice and look at a smaller one

H

hillhead

I have a mate who uses the 3D all the time, even for 10x10's !!!
Boy does he look awkward but he's a great tiler.

Reply to Sigma Tile Cutter ,advise please in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks