Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sigma Manual Tile Cutters in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

W

Waluigi

Please checkout the following advertisement.
A few people have just recently entered the world of Sigma for their tile cutting use, myself included.

I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread for any tips on how to use these cutters.

For now, here’s a link to the Sigma Beochure which @callatiler kindly posted earlier:-

http://www.sigmauk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/2016Brochure.pdf

OP
W

Waluigi

I do have a very basic tip that everyone will already know.....

The measuring bar can be stored on the main tile body. It slots in and screws on.

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Ray came up to Aberdeen to see me, he said my Sigma was the smoothest he had ever pushed and gave me the trophy some guy down in London had.

OP
O

One Day

A few I've learnt:

Always check the hole which the measure bar sits in for debris.
If you tighten the bar with tile fragments in the hole, it can sit wonky and mess up your cuts.

Set the correct height for each tile thickness by setting the breaker foot flat on the tile face - at the top and bottom of the tile.

Don't score more than once - I've never had to.

Don't score too hard.

You get a better break if after scoring, you nudge the tile a couple of mm away from the measure bar and set the breaker foot 10mm from the tile edge.

If you leave your cutter on the floor with muppets around, they will kick the measure bar and you won't realise until you've cut all your spare tiles with a raked cut!

OP
W

Waluigi

What are the advantages of the klick klock. Can you see the scoring wheel easier? It’s not particularly easy to see on the Max Handle

Reply to Sigma Manual Tile Cutters in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock