Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sigma kera cut. Worth the price? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

culrossblue

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi.
I'm currently looking at investing in one of these cutters. I've currently got a rubi 1200 that's seen the best of days. I'm thinking this (Kera-Cut) along with the kera flex is going to give a lot more scope for cutting all this large format that's kicking about. Are most people happy with these cutters? Although pricey they do look the part. Also am I better with stainless steel bearings on the hand runner thing or the coated bearings?
Thanks for your time

O

One Day

I've used Raimondi and Sigma large format gear and found the Sigma to be best for me.
It's simple, no frills and does the job.
Raimondi gear is very well made, in some ways better finished, but I thought it was too heavy and over-engineered.
It's very subjective. Try and get demos on the gear.

OP
C

culrossblue

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks. I've seen the kera cut set up and it is impressive ( for basically a straight edge and some suckers)
Kind of made up my mind to go for it but thought maybe some of the guys on here with the experience of using it may say there are better options

Q

Qwerty

Large format thin porcelain is still new to me. I have done one small job using the Sigma kera cut but I have also used the flashline on a demo day cutting and experimenting with their system. I personally preferred the Sigma kera cut but I am still a thin porcelain novice

O

Old Mod

I think, as with slide/mechanical cutters, personal preference has a lot to do with it.
We all know about the age old debate, Rubi Vs Sigma, nowadays you can add Montolit to that discussion too.
They all have their pro’s & con’s, and extra large format cutters are certainly no different.
Personally, I’ve owned most of them, and tried the rest.

Bottom of my list is the Rubi Slim.
Then, and only in my opinion, the Flashline from Montolit.
However, I have not tried the second generation, so maybe it’s an out of date opinion.
To my knowledge, the main difference between the two is that the latest version now has under slung clamps, similar to Festool and Rubi guide rails.
That was always my beef, I had it move, and more than once, whilst using it.
I use this type of cutter every day, almost without fail, I can not have this happen at all, let alone on a regular basis, even if it is once in a hundred times.
I also see under slung clamps as a pain in the a***!
Of course I could be mistaken, this is based on information I have been told.
For me, the rest from Sigma and Raimondi, are pretty much of a muchness.
They’re very close in performance and use ability, this is where the personal preferences really kick in.
And investment is similar.
Both exceptionally well built, and easy to use.
The attachments differ slightly, but perform the same job.
Don’t use them personally (attachments) much prefer to carry out tasks like mitre work, by hand.
For what it’s worth, that’s my humble opinion.

OP
C

culrossblue

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the response. I've got about 100m of 120 x 120 porcelain to lay. It's 10mm thick and I'm thinking I'll also need the breaker that goes with it. In the next month I do have a lot of thinner porcelain (just as big) to fit hence why I'm now biting the bullet.

Reply to Sigma kera cut. Worth the price? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock