Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss sigma 3em for hire in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
i was going to buy a sigma 3em next week with the idea of hiring it out to local north west tilers. (who are trusty worthy :thumbsup:
obviously, its not a tile cutter thats going to get used week in week out so it might aswell earn its keep

couple of questions
1. do you think that this is a good idea?
2. whats is a fair rate for renting? i was thinking £20 for the 1st day and £10 thereafter or £50 for the week
3. any things you would recommend to cover yourself ie deposit etc

any input welcome

OP
I

Ian

One thing I did notice is, if you turn the handle round so you are using it like a Rubi, the measuring bar is upside down! Is there a way to change that?

OP
W

White Room

I use mine like that as well Bri like a rubi, you can do it either way...thats how the measuring bar sits if I'm understanding right???

OP
I

Ian

I mean the numbers are upside down because you are cutting the other way round, hope I'm making sense! Look at Eds pic and you'll see what I mean.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

OP
P

Peter

I noticed with my 3DM the measuring bar ai'nt going to allow me to use in restricted areas, that is one major cutter though:thumbsup:

The bars are all interchangable so if you have a 3C for example then that bar will fit on the 3D. Handy if you're working in a tight landing etc.

Interested to know how the two handles compare like for like.

One thing I did notice is, if you turn the handle round so you are using it like a Rubi, the measuring bar is upside down! Is there a way to change that?

Best way to change it is to stop using it like a Rubi and start using it like a Sigma. :lol:

OP
A

Aston

How does the KK handle differ from the max Ed? They don't look any different.

hi bri,
just looked at the pic and realized that wasnt the click klock handle lol .. it was the max handle for the 3c
i have taken a couple of close up pics so you can see what they look like mate ;0)

close up ready to scribe flipped over to break

ck 1.jpg ck 3.jpg ck 2.jpg

cheers
ed ;0)

OP
I

Ian

Cheers Ed, are they much to but separately? Had a good couple of days with the 3dm, however, I have an off cut in the garage of the only tile that has defeated the TX700 and the Sigma couldn't cut it either!

OP
P

Peter

Give it a few weeks practise and then the Sigma will cut it. :lol:

Never had a tile the Sigma hasn't been able to cut but on one occassion I had to scribe it three times before it would break. Thankfully that was the one and only time I'd used that tile. Worse still, I'd only just put a new wheel on it. :lol:

OP
I

Ian

I'm not converted just yet but, I'm impressed. I took your advice and started using it the right (wrong!) way round and it performs much better. Some 800x800's to do next week so that will give me a better idea of how I'll get on with it.

OP
D

DHTiling

here she is...all 155cm's of her from head to tail, took 2 of us to land her ;0) actually, it feels lighter than a tx1200

View attachment 43834 View attachment 43835 you can see the click klock handle on the bed

i only managed a few cuts on some off cuts of 60x60 porcelain so havent had a chance to give it a good work out yet.
i did swap the handle over and i found that the click klock handle really puts the power in the right direction and it definately feels like it breaks a bit easier..on the flip side, the view is more restricted than the max handle..

anway, for £449 inc vat, delivery you cant ask for much more.

Now that is NICE!!!!

OP
S

Stef

That is one big cutter,

in pic 1,

The last time i saw something similar it had 2 boosters attached & was sitting at Kennedy ready for take off. :lol:

OP
A

Aston

How does the KK handle differ from the max Ed? They don't look any different.

i am not sure bri,
i managed to negotiate it in with the price. diatech had one in stock, i wanted the 3ek model but they only had the 3em max in stock. when they checked they had one click klock handle spare in the stock room so they included it as a goodwill gesture regarding an old customer care situation i had. it was very decent of them to match everything i had previously been offered so a big thank to mark stanley for that.

OP
H

hillhead

Well done Ed, class bit of kit.
I have a few big tile jobs in book now so a landing pad will be prepared soon.

Reply to sigma 3em for hire in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock