Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss sigma 3em for hire in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
i was going to buy a sigma 3em next week with the idea of hiring it out to local north west tilers. (who are trusty worthy :thumbsup:
obviously, its not a tile cutter thats going to get used week in week out so it might aswell earn its keep

couple of questions
1. do you think that this is a good idea?
2. whats is a fair rate for renting? i was thinking £20 for the 1st day and £10 thereafter or £50 for the week
3. any things you would recommend to cover yourself ie deposit etc

any input welcome

OP
A

Aston

very close to buying this now..
has anybody used the 3em and the 3ek? the klick klock version

would be really interested to hear your views (Tonight if posible)

OP
S

Spud

I love my 3em Ed its a good machine cant comment on the klick clock but the max handle looks a bit quicker to use imo

OP
P

Peter

Would say the max handle would be a good bit quicker to use, klick klock is a bit of a faff but performs well.

Here's my poor quality showcase of the 3ek:
[video=youtube;FMHleKAduRw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMHleKAduRw[/video]

OP
S

Sigma UK

You mean pure quality! your the first to show the cutter cutting a strip off the side of a whole tile. Sometimes that's not an easy thing to do but fair play to you for putting it up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
A

Aston

hi lads
i have heard they both produce 1200kgs but i have also heard a few sigma users claiming that the klick klock version transfers the power infront of the cutter whereas the 3em handle is over the back edge of the cutter so it can lift a little when breaking hard large formats... not my words just a few peoples opinions so i thought id gauge your opinions/experiences..

OP
A

Aston

update
bought the sigma 3em today and got a klick klock handle aswell so best of both worlds.
it should be here tomorrow so i'll look into the details of hiring it out.

OP
P

Peter

Good work, you'll be praying for an extra large format job now to pay it off. :lol:

I find that you don't get one for a few months and then you get three at once.

OP
W

White Room

update
bought the sigma 3em today and got a klick klock handle aswell so best of both worlds.
it should be here tomorrow so i'll look into the details of hiring it out.

I'd see about getting credit card payments as well.....

OP
A

Aston

i spoke to a tiler this morning who is local to me. he hired out his cutter and it came back in a right mess.
like a few on here, he advised against it because it can be more trouble than its worth..

think i will scrap the plan to hire it out as deposits, returned condition and id etc can become problematic. thanks for the input, much appreciated..

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

Peter

No harm in loaning it to a few tilers you know for beer tokens. Problem with getting a big deposit is that chances are the person doesn't have it otherwise they'd just buy one themselves.

OP
A

Aston

here she is...all 155cm's of her from head to tail, took 2 of us to land her ;0) actually, it feels lighter than a tx1200

sigma 3em.jpg sigma kk handle.jpg you can see the click klock handle on the bed

i only managed a few cuts on some off cuts of 60x60 porcelain so havent had a chance to give it a good work out yet.
i did swap the handle over and i found that the click klock handle really puts the power in the right direction and it definately feels like it breaks a bit easier..on the flip side, the view is more restricted than the max handle..

anway, for £449 inc vat, delivery you cant ask for much more.

OP
W

White Room

I noticed with my 3DM the measuring bar ai'nt going to allow me to use in restricted areas, that is one major cutter though:thumbsup:

Reply to sigma 3em for hire in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock