Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss sigma 3em for hire in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
i was going to buy a sigma 3em next week with the idea of hiring it out to local north west tilers. (who are trusty worthy :thumbsup:
obviously, its not a tile cutter thats going to get used week in week out so it might aswell earn its keep

couple of questions
1. do you think that this is a good idea?
2. whats is a fair rate for renting? i was thinking £20 for the 1st day and £10 thereafter or £50 for the week
3. any things you would recommend to cover yourself ie deposit etc

any input welcome

OP
S

Spud

great Idea Ed. I think £20 per day is cheap I would also want a decent deposit in case somone "forgets" to return it

OP
S

Spud

I popped in to tool venture on friday, friendly guys there ,they are just setting up a trade counter and showroom ,had a look at the 3cm and 3 bm, they also have some nice carhartt work wear there too

OP
W

White Room

I popped in to tool venture on friday, friendly guys there ,they are just setting up a trade counter and showroom ,had a look at the 3cm and 3 bm, they also have some nice carhartt work wear there too

There only in Hatfield....might take a peek at some time.

Reaction score
Hi ed
them prices seem pretty fair to me mate the biggest one have is the tx700n so if you buy one pm me and when needed I will hire it off you mate:thumbsup:

OP
H

hillhead

I would not hire one of mine out, I see your point Ed but you'll be a hire centre soon. Lol.
Aston Tool Hire Services eh?
An idea?

OP
W

White Room

I'm surprised some of the hire companys hav'nt hooked onto this.....for big cutters

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I hired a 1250 for £20 a day or £70 for the week, £200 deposit, but it's from my local supplier, who know me well. It's a bit different hiring out maybe £6-700 worth of kit with a £200 deposit, to someone you don't know, cos it could be the last time you see it!

OP
P

Peter

Wouldn't mind hiring it out to people I knew but wouldn't give it to strangers without a big deposit. Any tilers worth their salt need to be buying these big machines now as some day the 1200x600 will be as common as 600x300.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind hiring it out to people I knew but wouldn't give it to strangers without a big deposit. Any tilers worth their salt need to be buying these big machines now as some day the 1200x600 will be as common as 600x300.

I think we're nearly there already!

OP
R

redlee

I wouldn't buy one just to hire out, but if you've got a job for it yourself first then i don't see why it wouldn't work. I wouldn't let it go without covering the cost of it wether that be cash or taking part cash/other cutters upto the value of yours. It's surprising how little in the way of tools and plant most builders own they all seem to hire stuff in nowadays.

OP
S

Sigma UK

A lot of the hire companies wont look at new products unless there is a big demand for them. I would often get asked what we had in a way of rufurb machines as there only going to get used and bashed anyway?. Most just stick to what they got and don't spend money.

Reply to sigma 3em for hire in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock