Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sigma 3b vs 3bm?? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi guys am new to the forum, and starting with what is probably a very dumb question :oops:

im in the market for a new cutter, the ts60 plus aint cutting it on the porks (literally)

so im going to invest in a sigma but while looking into it iv notice that there is the popular choice of the sigma 3b with the 630mm cutting bed which by all accounts is the daddy, the best price iv found is 300 delivered

but iv also come across the 3bm which, when looking at the spec, seems to be the better cutter, as it has a more advance suspesion type scribe system
only downside is that the cutting bed is a slightly shorter at 600mm, but the best price iv found on this is 230 delivered

so basically im asking, am i missing something??? surely the better cutter cannot be that much cheeper??
any advice would be very apreciated and i apologise in advance if this is a daft question :lol:

go easy

Matt

OP
H

hillhead

Read what Matt said guys and ladies, he even sold rubis the poor man.
Problems, problems.....:lol:
I can't break any of my sigmas, tough as you'll get.
No having to change wheels etc either, the wheel last ages in my cutters.
Can't remember how long ago it was when i bought 3.

OP
D

DHTiling

Read what Matt said guys and ladies, he even sold rubis the poor man.
Problems, problems.....:lol:
I can't break any of my sigmas, tough as you'll get.
No having to change wheels etc either, the wheel last ages in my cutters.
Can't remember how long ago it was when i bought 3.

With you being a part time tiler come toy tester.. then no wonder it gets no use..:lol:

OP
H

hillhead

I ain't no part timer or toy tester, my tools are tops for what i do.. :smilewinkgrin:
Who is it does the odd rubi review etc?????? oh i know.lol

OP
D

DHTiling

Sigmas... for the girlie in you..:)_

[video=youtube;HzBFlWZFuXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzBFlWZFuXg&feature=related[/video]

OP
M

mattle40

am hoping so :smilewinkgrin: , just dont know which one, think its gonna have to be the 3bm, sounds daft i know but only hope i dont miss the extra 30mm but that seems to be the only negative and for 70 quid cheeper. just hope it is the better model.

OP
J

jay

[video=youtube_share;pxktG17LFKY]http://youtu.be/pxktG17LFKY[/video] [video=youtube_share;_mFqV1dC-iY]http://youtu.be/_mFqV1dC-iY[/video]

OP
S

Stewart

The dark side is always doomed and the light will always prevail...........!

Created on iPhone.....

OP
M

mattle40

:welcome: To the dark side Matt you wont be disappointed with a Sigma

sigma tile-cutter for porcelain gres

and this may help explain the breaker action Tile Cutter | sigma tile-cutter for porcelain gres

i
would be tempted to go the bigger one as if you need to cut a 600mm tile an a slight angle you can

this is my main issue, just how important is that extra 30mm, but then again im sure the listed size of 600mm will have some extra room for play if you like??

Reply to Sigma 3b vs 3bm?? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock