Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sigma 3B/3BM v Rubi TX 700 in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Morning all,

I guess this is something which is continually going to be discussed but I'd like your opinions if possible please.

I install mostly natural stone and therefore use my trusty wet cutter most of the time (2KW Montolit which cuts anything!).

I also from time to time do ceramic and porcelain however.
My Rubi TS60 is fine for ceramics but just cannot handle harder porcelains and I nearly always end up having to resort to the Monty!
The Monty will handle anything thrown at it but porcelain does some damage to the rather expensive blades.
I'm therefore looking at a more capable manual cutter.
Montolit do a good range but I don't know much about their manual cutters.
I've been looking at the Rubi TX700 and the Sigma 3B (or 3BM, but not sure about losing the extra 30mm!).

I guess my question is basically which of these machines is better at handling Grade 5 porcelain?
I've only ever used Rubi for manual cuts and my current machine just cannot cope so do I upgrade the Rubi or switch to Sigma?
Also does anybody know the performance difference between the 3B and the 3BM (apart from the 30mm cutting size).

The cost isn't such a massive issue as I'm more concerned with the performance and the difference between the machines isn't massive anyway.

Many thanks,

Karl

OP
K

KL Tiling

I figured out how to upload at last :hurray: (I think it was more a problem with my browser to be honest).

cutter.jpg

It made easy work of 600 x 600 polished porcelain.
Only thing that took a little getting used to was not being able to see where you are cutting very well but if you trust in your own measurements this shouldn't be too much of a problem :thumbsup:

OP
P

Peter

Good work, plenty of blue on the new machines.

Your next upgrade will hopefully be a step up from the Draper Value level. :lol:

OP
K

KL Tiling

Good work, plenty of blue on the new machines.

Your next upgrade will hopefully be a step up from the Draper Value level. :lol:

Lol I keep dropping and wrecking the damn things! That one has already been upgraded and is just a straight edge now :)

OP
W

White Room

Bought a 3BM 60cm with the max and measured the the cutting distance, you cut a 700cm tile if you take out the measuring bar...

OP
P

Peter

That's another handy feature. My 75cm will take 800s if you remove the bar and the 93cm will take a 1m tile.

Reaction score
I have used the Rubi Tx 700 and it has great breaking power, the correct diameter wheel required for proper cut, rough tiles require smaller diamter wheels, smooth tiles require larger diameter wheels. In comparison I have the Rubi TI 66, ( with a gold 10 mm wheel) cuts up to 24" tile and has one less step to snap the tile, with great snapping power.

OP
D

DHTiling

I prefer my tx700 :).

Not anymore i don't..:)... Sigma all the way...

I had my son tile a floor and he likes the TX , so i had a go to see how it felt... jeeeez what a faff on after using the Sigma for a while now and the action of the TX is so so jerky, never noticed this before but after being spoilt by the smoothness of the Sigma it stood out when i tried the TX...

So he can have the TX all to himself.. :lol:

OP
S

Stef

I'm jumping ship soon, going to change to Sigma.
Had a wee shot of one a couple of weeks back when working with fitters from Porcelanosa,
It was an older model with a pull handle but I'm looking at the max so I can have a push handle.
I will be giving Dave at Diatech a call shortly.

OP
S

Stef

Klick klock is push handle as well :)

Yeah, looked at that but think I'm for going for a max,
Not sure what size yet.
Love my tomechanic for porcelain but if cutting larger glazed tiles it leaves the edge ruff, even when I hardly score the tile,
I've hardly used my Rubis so they are going up for sale.
Need the space in the garage & need the dosh!!

Reply to Sigma 3B/3BM v Rubi TX 700 in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock