Discuss Sigma 3B/3BM v Rubi TX 700 in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazzer

I believe the marking gauge system is slightly different. Also if I am correct, most people say the standard version is better ?

L

Lodger

Hi, I bought the sigma 900 cutter from eBay last year. The seller started his tiling business in Stoke then found it hard finding work. He gave me 2 handles for the cutter, which looked like he had just used once to me. In fact the whole kit looked as gud as new, so I was happy with the purchase.
Lately I have been getting large format tiling jobs, so after reading reviews on here, and one turning up on eBay, it was time to part with some cash.
I must admit, the cutter is very very good. Porcelain tiles are as easy as cutting ceramic tiles on my rubi ts-50 plus. I can cut 20mm slithers of tile in porcelain, which is amazing.
You can't go wrong with a Sigma!!!

S

Sigma UK

The TX700 Has a fixed guide rail where as the TX700N has guide bar that can be moved in either direction. It will always stay at 0 degrees but the 700N version is better. But if you want the best cut on porcelain then go for the Sigma 3CM. it has more power than a Rubi and will last you a life time. Also a little more affordable. That's just what I think. :thumbsup:

S

Sigma UK

Also the 3CM is a MAX model for the Sigma. 1200kg breaker. Anything with M at the end means Max. the 3C means it has a standard handle "score backwards" the MAX is a push score. They also have a Klick Klock handle which is reversable. Means it flips over. backwards or forwards. The bases are the same its just the handle type you can choose. I would go the MAX range easy to use and lot's of power.

just ordered a montolit 75p2 last night from tradetiler, do you think it will cut these ok?

IMAG1028.jpg

S

Sigma UK

You might not get a really clean cut with that surface but until you give it a go you don't know?. If you don't like the first cut stop and get your wet saw out. They probably cost a few pounds.

P

Peter

Not sure if the Monty would cut them right but if you bought a Sigma I'm sure it would manage. Only thing mine can't cut is slate. :lol:

K

KL Tiling

My shiny new Sigma 3CM arrived today and I gave it a maiden voyage cutting some nice polished porcelain. I can confirm it is a beast :thumbsup:

P

Peter

Amazing the things you can cut. When something is getting covered by another tile or a skirting board etc then you can cut good quality travertine, gulfstone, marble, glass, just about everything on the one standard £2 wheel.

S

Sigma UK

Quality wingn. I chopped a few bits up of the gulfstone. I didn't think it would cut anything like that but fair play it did. Someone told me it was cutting them so i thought i would have a crack at it. and £2 a wheel. bargain!. :thumbsup:

Reply to Sigma 3B/3BM v Rubi TX 700 in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks