Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sigma 3B/3BM v Rubi TX 700 in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Morning all,

I guess this is something which is continually going to be discussed but I'd like your opinions if possible please.

I install mostly natural stone and therefore use my trusty wet cutter most of the time (2KW Montolit which cuts anything!).

I also from time to time do ceramic and porcelain however.
My Rubi TS60 is fine for ceramics but just cannot handle harder porcelains and I nearly always end up having to resort to the Monty!
The Monty will handle anything thrown at it but porcelain does some damage to the rather expensive blades.
I'm therefore looking at a more capable manual cutter.
Montolit do a good range but I don't know much about their manual cutters.
I've been looking at the Rubi TX700 and the Sigma 3B (or 3BM, but not sure about losing the extra 30mm!).

I guess my question is basically which of these machines is better at handling Grade 5 porcelain?
I've only ever used Rubi for manual cuts and my current machine just cannot cope so do I upgrade the Rubi or switch to Sigma?
Also does anybody know the performance difference between the 3B and the 3BM (apart from the 30mm cutting size).

The cost isn't such a massive issue as I'm more concerned with the performance and the difference between the machines isn't massive anyway.

Many thanks,

Karl

OP
D

DHTiling

Get the Sigma 2G for smaller tiles... proper cutter..

- - - Updated - - -

Also try PHG for Sigma cutters... 01388-776211 ...

OP
S

Stef

Cheers Dave, will go where I get one cheapest.
Fancied a mini montolit just because of the price & size.
Fed up trying to find a space for my rubi box when your working.

OP
S

Stef

Just looked at a 2g on eBay, didn't realise they were as cheap as that.
Belter of a wee cutter.
Sigma all the way for me soon!!

Reply to Sigma 3B/3BM v Rubi TX 700 in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock