Discuss Sigma 3B/3BM v Rubi TX 700 in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

KL Tiling

Morning all,

I guess this is something which is continually going to be discussed but I'd like your opinions if possible please.

I install mostly natural stone and therefore use my trusty wet cutter most of the time (2KW Montolit which cuts anything!).

I also from time to time do ceramic and porcelain however.
My Rubi TS60 is fine for ceramics but just cannot handle harder porcelains and I nearly always end up having to resort to the Monty!
The Monty will handle anything thrown at it but porcelain does some damage to the rather expensive blades.
I'm therefore looking at a more capable manual cutter.
Montolit do a good range but I don't know much about their manual cutters.
I've been looking at the Rubi TX700 and the Sigma 3B (or 3BM, but not sure about losing the extra 30mm!).

I guess my question is basically which of these machines is better at handling Grade 5 porcelain?
I've only ever used Rubi for manual cuts and my current machine just cannot cope so do I upgrade the Rubi or switch to Sigma?
Also does anybody know the performance difference between the 3B and the 3BM (apart from the 30mm cutting size).

The cost isn't such a massive issue as I'm more concerned with the performance and the difference between the machines isn't massive anyway.

Many thanks,

Karl

T

tfs

I have the tx 700 mate. I have come across a few porc tiles which it has not not been too great with (the correct scorring wheel plays a part in this to an extent though). I think this may be the case with any cutter though. 9 times out of 10 the tx 700 works a treat. I also use the big clinker from Screwfix.

K

KL Tiling

Thanks Dave.
How effective do you find the Monty (or is that why you're selling it :smilewinkgrin:)?

S

Sigma UK

Hello, The 3B 63cm has the standard handle (score backwards) traditional style Sigma. The 3BM 60cm has the new MAX handle score forwards.

Key features of the MAX range are

1200kg sliding breaker
cut's up to 20mm porcelain
carbide wheel on bearings for textured tiles
Sprung loaded breaking feet and wheel
Height adjustable centre bar
clear acrylic feet to provent marke on high polished porcelain
5 year warranty
wheels last a 900sqm or more
also cheaper than most pro cutters on the market.

I would say go for the Sigma:thumbsup:

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Just got the monty 93p2. After using Rubi for years it takes a bit of getting used to as its more difficult to see the scoring wheel but It cuts porcelain with ease. I've just started a job with four wetrooms all 450x900 porcelain and 70sq metres 800x800 floor and its making light work of the tiles.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I was down my local CTD today and they have an offer on the TX 700. £249.99 inc VAT!

Offer expires end of May and then it's back up to £399.99.

S

Stef

I was down my local CTD today and they have an offer on the TX 700. £249.99 inc VAT!

Offer expires end of May and then it's back up to £399.99.

I think this is the older TX, don't think it's the 700 N?? I looked at it & ended up buying a tomechanic supercoup 75.

F

florin66

Hi all, i have a rubi TX 700 N and a Sigma... for porcelain up to 60x60 rubi is ok but for the bigger tiles i laid ( 80x80,90x45 ) i found Sigma more reliable.
Actually i have started a bloc of 55 flats where walls and floors are travertin,and of course i am usind the wet cutter for the visible cuts but i am also using the Sigma for the cuts that are not visible. Sigma gives me a good clean cut ( of course i have to check the tile for consistency,hidden cracks). i only waisted 3-4 tiles in about 100 sqm.
So, Sigma for me!

P

Plumbing Tiler

Hi All, just out of curiousity could anyone tell me the difference between a TX700 and a TX700N please???, reading all these threads with interest as thinking of getting something a bit more up to the job for porcelain than my TS60 Plus, cheers, considering a TX or a Sigma?

Reply to Sigma 3B/3BM v Rubi TX 700 in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks