Discuss Sigma 2G 37cm - alternatives? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tommcd

image.jpeg

Just before I hit buy, is this sigma decent or is there something else I should be looking at?

Already have a large format cutter but looking for something a bit more compact for kitchen splash backs etc.

Cheers

Q

Qwerty

I have one and I think it's just fine for splashys.

Alot of guys use a small rubi TS or even a mini monti for small tiles. I have had both in the past and each had their pros and cons, but I'm sticking with the sigma now

F

Flintstone

Longer cutter with longer measuring bar, max handle. Thicker rail. The 2g is a basic model with a pull to score handle.

D

Dumbo

To be honest I would get a 3g3m but I rarely do anything much under 600 so I don't think it would pay me to do it .

D

Dumbo

Can't see the art line on the pro tiler tools website. I think it's between the 2g and the 3g3m... Question is whether I will make the most of the 3G to justify the extra cost over the 2g..?
I don't know what action the 2g is but if you are used to pushing a handle the 3g3m would be the way to go . I have Two max cutters and love them .

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LM

I have all of the machines mentioned above and for light work like metros the Art 6 is hands down my pick. The 3G3M is my choice for heavier 300 x 300 commercial floor tiling etc.

T

Tommcd

Great service from pro tiler tools and 1 hour window delivery so haven’t had to stay in all day
02585D40-A3DD-42D3-92A3-3D4C4AC3217F.jpeg
. Went for the 2g which I know is a basic model but it’ll only be cutting light ceramic tiles, just wanted a super clean cut which hopefully it’ll provide. Feels like a solid piece of kit and fits easily on a kitchen worktop so I’m happy.

Reply to Sigma 2G 37cm - alternatives? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks