Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Shower bath tiling preparation: plaster and wooden windowsill in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

K

Kevbos

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Read back .I'm no troll mate .tanking onto edge of a bath was what I questioned .yet I'm getting abuse

B

Blunt Tool

Paul c listed in numerical order how to do job
When I tank a wet room I do all walls in wet area plus out past where screen is going a good 500mm. Then I tank the whole floor plus tapes up onto wall a good 300mm whole perimeter and tank. So if water is going anywhere it is either into drain or out the door depending on my screed :)

K

Kevbos

I lived in Sweden 2 years .I mentioned this before .they put plaster board on floors before tile .yes I was shocked too ...but they also tank every bathroom with mapegum and tapes etc. Everything gets tanked into one drain .in floor .you have to have a licence to do it .and insurance need to see it to get house insurance .they test the work done on every insurance claim to make sure it done that way .If it isn't done you don't get pay out. Believe me they won't pay for tanking onto a bath edge .oh and I done the certificate from mapei to be able to tank to their standards .we are way behind .and so are alot of you .tanking onto edges of trays and baths are you for real .think about it .the tanking all peels it's not that flexible really .

B

Blunt Tool

@Kevbos how old are you? Do you remember wire lathe, sand and cement screed and bitumen around shower tray? Things moved on! Moisture resistant plasterboard and silicone next? Things moved on! Wedi board, hardi backer boards, tanking is just next thing and if you can put another barrier between walls, showers, baths etc why wouldn't you?

K

Kevbos

Because as I've said if you only put that barrier on some not all of the room there is no point .does a basement only get tanked and waterproofs on certain areas or does everywhere get done because water will find a way out always .I'm saying you should do whole room not just wet area if you calling it a wet room

K

Kevbos

I am 37 I'm not into all the new products as they are not as good as the older methods .they are designed to save time and money

B

Blunt Tool

So if you put a sheet of plaster board in the sea for a year and do the same with a Wedi board and Hardi backer board you reckon the plasterboard will still be the best one to use?

K

Kevbos

I didn't say use plaster board another person did. I just merely said the room is not a wet room the way it was being done .Read back to beginnings your see I did not mention plaster board. Yet someone else did .and you not abusing him

Reply to Shower bath tiling preparation: plaster and wooden windowsill in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock