Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Show us your closers, just for Andy!! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

O

Old Mod

Please checkout the following advertisement.
All of these images contain closers, just for Andy
@Localtiler :)
Well, the ones I could be bothered to find anyway.

Every tile under the window.
A5058AB1-34F7-4D0B-B834-8DB8E4D2AC7A.JPG

IMG_6223.JPG IMG_6616.JPG IMG_6617.JPG IMG_6623.JPG IMG_7840.JPG IMG_8360.JPG IMG_8364.JPG IMG_8369.JPG IMG_6738.JPG

mma

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've done a few, normally when I've dropped a bo*****! When working in a customers house, do you mention it to the customer or just get on with it?

OP
O

Old Mod

I've never used one, but I have a job starting Friday with a full bathroom in 900x150 planks, prime for a closer surely!
Marc, how am I supposed to see one in them pics of yours when I can't see any bloody joints!:astonished:
My point exactly! Haha
Slight of hand Andy, it's what makes our job interesting :)
For example, third image down.
I had to achieve a joint centre of lift doors. (Right hand side out of sight) but I also had the landing to contend with, and they were pretty much fixed in how they were to be done. So if you look bottom centre of pic and enlarge, you can see 2 joints going across the floor. And that certainly isn't a full tile.
But the veins appear to work. Look bottom dead centre again and you'll see them join across the joint. But it was not the true pattern and it was fabricated to look right. Doesn't always work obviously, but if you persevere, you can fool the eye enough.

OP
F

Flintstone

My point exactly! Haha
Slight of hand Andy, it's what makes our job interesting :)
For example, third image down.
I had to achieve a joint centre of lift doors. (Right hand side out of sight) but I also had the landing to contend with, and they were pretty much fixed in how they were to be done. So if you look bottom centre of pic and enlarge, you can see 2 joints going across the floor. And that certainly isn't a full tile.
But the veins appear to work. Look bottom dead centre again and you'll see them join across the joint. But it was not the true pattern and it was fabricated to look right. Doesn't always work obviously, but if you persevere, you can fool the eye enough.

Yes I can see it, but it's certainly very different with those tiles as you can barely see any joints and you just look at the pattern.

OP
O

Old Mod

Yes I can see it, but it's certainly very different with those tiles as you can barely see any joints and you just look at the pattern.
Yeah must admit, they're easier to hide in some respects. But the joints are more visible in real life.
But my first image, if I'd centred the window with full size pieces, I'd of had 25mm cuts every other course. So I reduced them all to fit the window opening. And even though there are full size pieces on side walls, you can't tell they're smaller.

Reply to Show us your closers, just for Andy!! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock