Discuss Short Term Solution Needed in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Geoff Carr

I've got a canine hydrotherapy pool (swimming pool for dogs) housed in a log cabin with a tiled floor surrounding it. The tiles were professionly laid 3 yrs ago on 28 mm ply. Where the floor flexes the grout has started to crack and water is seeping through to the ply. The proper solution would be to get all the grout scraped out and replaced but I'm reluctant to go to the expense as the whole thing will be scrapped in just over 6 months to move to a larger building. Would a bead of silicon fix the problem? If not any other suggestions? Thanks.

Q

Qwerty

The proper solution would actually be to take it all up and overboard the ply with tile backed board, then tile.

Chris N

TF
Reaction score
I've got a canine hydrotherapy pool (swimming pool for dogs) housed in a log cabin with a tiled floor surrounding it. The tiles were professionly laid 3 yrs ago on 28 mm ply. Where the floor flexes the grout has started to crack and water is seeping through to the ply. The proper solution would be to get all the grout scraped out and replaced but I'm reluctant to go to the expense as the whole thing will be scrapped in just over 6 months to move to a larger building. Would a bead of silicon fix the problem? If not any other suggestions? Thanks.

If its going to be scrapped, then a bodge is sometimes required. Silicon it then perhaps put a waterproof non slip mat over it to get you by till you move premises.

B

Bill

It's will need to be bone dry to silicone it..
Not true..........

There are speciality underwater silicones to use. Used them when doing underwater repairs on commercial pools. We used to mix ours ourself but there are off the shelf tubes to buy now.

Try this one. .

Underwater Magic - UNDERWATER Adhesive & Sealant - White - Repair Products - http://www.repairingproducts.co.uk/product/underwater-magic-underwater-adhesive-sealant-white-2/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI07OEspL61wIVCL7tCh1r_A3gEAkYASABEgIp-fD_BwE

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The 'bone' dry bit was a pun no one picked up on...... Come lads wake up !!
But yes you learn something new every day.. :)

Reply to Short Term Solution Needed in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks