Discuss SETTING AND USING XL MODELS in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

One Day

My magic sentence Marc is this:
"Here's my business card. Thank you for the chance anyway. Give me a call when it's all gone wrong."
It gets me a second crack of the whip sometimes.

O

Old Mod

My magic sentence Marc is this:
"Here's my business card. Thank you for the chance anyway. Give me a call when it's all gone wrong."
It gets me a second crack of the whip sometimes.
Yeah know exactly what you mean mate, it’s just all the god damn effort we put in before being told to ‘sling your hook!’
I don’t have time to be wasting on it.

O

Old Mod

"Buy cheap,buy twice!"
If only it was tha easy Paul.most I know have just ripped it out and fitted regular material cos they cant afford to re-instate and besides, any tiler far as they are concerned can fit 60 x 60’s!!

O

One Day

Yeah know exactly what you mean mate, it’s just all the god damn effort we put in before being told to ‘sling your hook!’
I don’t have time to be wasting on it.

Agree Marc. Telephone interviews and google postcode searches now before going to view.
I hate it. Like we're demographically profiling and we're supposed to be just "tilers"!

O

Old Mod

I just lost one at the end of my road :mad::mad:
Really infuriating!!
Only made contact a week ago with 6 weeks notice on start date.
Spoke initially Monday, made contact fri to say I could visit site 7am Monday to be told, “oh yeah, meant to say, client found their own tiler!”
God I’m still bloody fuming!!

O

One Day

Ok, middle aged!

S8rVo3b.gif

H

hmtiling

This feels like a thread highjack!!
And may be suited to the Arms really, we’ll see.
Seems to me we are getting a breed of client coming through that want this material but are what I would class as poor rich people.
Those who want to keep up with the Montague’s, but should really stick with Mr & Mrs Smith, cos they can’t actually afford it and what it brings with it.
You know the type, want everything fixed at £25m2 no matter what the material, and especially ex large format cos you’re fitting 2.5m2 in one hit!
And the thing is, they’re finding inexperienced idiots to do it too!
The last inexperienced idiot I actually know just got kicked off a project of a lifetime because he was fitting at a level befitting £25m2.
And it really winds me up!
You do your best by a client to explain what’s required and how difficult it is, only to be told
(if you’re lucky) thanks but we’ve found someone half the price.
Thing is they get served up a pile of ***** and they don’t know any better!
Cos they’ve no idea how good it can look, and images just don’t cut it sometimes.
And you can’t not give builder info before hand otherwise you end up with conditions you just can’t deal with unless you start prep again.
:mad::mad::mad:

And NO, my rant is not over, not by a long shot, and it won’t be until we hit upon the magic sentence that makes them understand they’re being fleeced by idiots!!
The irony being the cheaper quote is the one ripping the client off!

W

Waluigi

Nothing is likely to change in the near future.

Anyone can go out, buy a trowel and start their own business as a Tiler. Customers don’t know the right questions to ask their prospective tradesman and even if they did, the British stiff upper lip would mean that customers would be too embarrassed to ask.

Tiling needs to shake off that image of it being a DIY/have a go trade. Until then, there will be Tilers out there doing things wrong.

Last Friday, I went to a job. I was the Fifth ‘Tiler’ that had been there to quote. I was the first to mention That the tiles they wanted to install were too heavy for their wall. Five Tilers. Two of them are actually very good Tilers. Nobody wants to rock the boat in a business where price is often all that matters.

My apologies to Antonio :D

Great cutter BTW:thumbsup:

Reply to SETTING AND USING XL MODELS in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks