Discuss Serious problem with Profix grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Milan

TF
Reaction score
Hi there Just would like to ask for an advice where can I get an independent test for grout please as I start to get a serious problem with this product. Many thanks Milan

Milan

TF
Reaction score
Thats what we did and where the problem started. The guy came and when saw the bag of grout, he said to the customer: what a crap gear, doesn’t suppose to be even on a shop floors because is full of salt. But he made a sample and in a fef days put report on that there is nothing wrong with the grout. Even tho the sample is a charocal colour instead of grey. But goes light grey when you scratch it.
He is not paid to go against to his own company is he?

Milan

TF
Reaction score
The problem is that the grout suppose to be grey but is charocal. When you scratch it, comes to light grey. The whole grouted area is dark with light patcheds in. Lewis was there personaly, told the customer that is a crap gear full of salt and advised what steps we can make against the shop. In his report said that is nothing wrong with the grout which is a lie!
The problem is not in shop but in the product self which he agreed and then denied!

B

Blunt Tool

The problem is that the grout suppose to be grey but is charocal. When you scratch it, comes to light grey. The whole grouted area is dark with light patcheds in. Lewis was there personaly, told the customer that is a crap gear full of salt and advised what steps we can make against the shop. In his report said that is nothing wrong with the grout which is a lie!
The problem is not in shop but in the product self which he agreed and then denied!
Can you not lightly sand joints? I’ve done that to get a uniformed colour on some patchy Mapei grout before

O

One Day

The quickest, least stressful solution (admittedly you shouldn't have to I know...)
Get a nail brush and warm water and scrub the joints well.
Rinse with fresh water and leave 24hrs.
They will come up as they should do.

(Source - my own painful experience)

T

Tile Shop

Any pictures? Personally think the bal guy was right. They have alot of knowledge and to say they are lying is one hell of a bold accusation when it is most likely down to installation error.

There is salt which can draw to the surface if there is too much water in the mix. That or micro particle dispersion from cleaning off too soon would give the grout lighter patches. Fixed with a diluted solution of LTP Grout Stain Remover.

If its dried darker, the polymers have be drawn out which is usually caused by the sponge being too wet on the initial clean off. So the polymers would need removing in either the ways mentioned above, or by using a solution like LTP Powerstripper with an emulsifying pad.

These are very common problems with many different makes of grout. People shouldn't be so quick to blame "faulty gear" when 99 times out of 100, its down to the incorrect fixing method.

Or maybe it is just dark grey. Did you see a sample before picking it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Milan

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. Just want to mention that I do tiling like self employed for 26 years. I work with most of the brands on the market but never had this problem before. My favourite grout is Bal, mean a proper Bal.
I been adviced from the shop to use the residue remover as well so that will be the next step. By the way we talking about 50 sqm of floor.

D

Dumbo

To be honest I had bal limestone grout dry grey . Bal rep told customer looks like a bag flush . They then took a sample and said nothing wrong with it . Now they didn't say overwashed or anything like that just nothing wrong with it .

Reply to Serious problem with Profix grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks