Discuss Self adhesive tanking corners in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Haven't seen any preformed corners that go with the tape

S

Spare Tool

Is it just for one job Andy? ... I've got a couple of packs of Tile master corners (4 altogether) you can have em if you want?

S

Spare Tool

IMG_20180301_133230.jpg

F

Flintstone

Cheers Andy, I have lots of those sorts of corners. What I’m after is self adhesive ones for sealing to pre installed shower trays, Lapping onto the tray etc..

S

Spare Tool

Ah right, can't help ya then.. can you not just cut those down and stick em on with tanking paste?

F

Flintstone

You could, but it doesn’t stick well to a shower tray, not as well as the butyl tape does. I don’t think i would hold much hope for the tanking paste sticking to the tray lasting years. The butyl is extremely sticky and flexible

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I never knew they sold the preformed corners Pete, unless they just don’t put them on the shelves. I normally split the tape and overlap round corners onto trays and baths. No problem doing that and cheaper than corners I suspect. Everyday is a school day.

How much are they anyway Pete?

Reply to Self adhesive tanking corners in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks