Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Screed leveling / repair for re-tiling. in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

B

bwel

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,

My tiler has taken up old tiles in our conservatory but some of the screed has come up from the UFH and needs levelleling before tile. He's working on the rest of the house and has not come to a conclusion on the levelling. Picture below.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Initially we talked about making up new screed, but he has also mentioned floor leveller.

I'm a bitconcerned about having a mix of materials and different expansion rates of them.

What are your recommendations ?

OP
U

Unused Account 1

Shouldnt really lift tiles with ufh if can be helped as it should bring some of the screed with it if fitted right

OP
U

Unused Account 1

If its a small area self leveller , if its bigger area mix up a bit of the original screed

OP
O

Old Mod

That looks like a layer of latex anyway that's come away.
I'd clean away any and all debris and loose surface, and if you have no height issues, prime to reduce suction and re latex whole floor.
Fit anti fracture mat like Tilemaster's and tile.
No need for something like Dural.
Should be straightforward decision for your fixer.

OP
B

bwel

We are tile 175sqM overall, this conservatory part is 4x5m. It was build 15 years ago and had Screed, Latex, Amtico. Amtico was replaced with tile 10 years ago and now we are retiring with 80x80 tiles with Durabase Uncoupling in the whole house.

When these last tiles were lifted, some of the latex lifted with screed. The screed seems a bit weak / dry from the original mix and it needs a bit levelling now where the holes in the screed are (first post pictures).

Thanks for all the advice.

OP
F

Flintstone

As said above, that's the way. Remove any loose and re level correctly, will be expensive over that size area, but if you have a 175sq meter floor, you can't be short of a few bob! :D

Reply to Screed leveling / repair for re-tiling. in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock