Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Scratch on shower screen in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Anyone got a fix for a scratch on polished Chrome shower screen?

Certain we didn't do the scratch but I said I'll try and sort as a gesture of good will

D

Dumbo

I wouldn't be hopefull , I tried polishing a scratch out of a polished trim and very quickly got to the base metal but you could try solvol autosol or tcut is less aggressive or some farecla cutting paste .

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
You could try Tcut metal polish, have removed light surface scratches from course grout before, but if you can feel the scratch I think it will need to be replaced.

W

Waluigi

Generally it’ll need replacing. The only alternative would be to try and source one of the snap on compensating profile covers that you get with some Merlyn enclosures (for example)

Not ideal really but just trying to find a solution.

OP
Cranbrook

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks all.. I'm wondering if it could have been seen to us from the supplier with the scratch already done.. we are always extremely careful with all such products so I would bet my life it wasn't us

Reply to Scratch on shower screen in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock