Discuss Sat for a year got to finish shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Scezy

Just like to say thanks for the warm welcome.
Just finishing off kitchen and will be looking at tackling this, it's been sat for a year now and the misses has had enough.
I want a tiled floor( not chosen yet)over hardi Backer board as floor at the moment is chipboard. Shower former of some sort to lay mosaic tiles 1200x1000 mm (save me cutting mitres to create slope) hopefully flush with the main tiles. Going to tank the whole area with probably Aqua seal tanking system.
A glass panel 2m high x 1200mm with some sort of led lighting strip run up edge.
Shower I'm looking at is hp/ combi digital exposed, Mira or aqualisa.
Not finished walls off yet on two sides, one is plaster board and other is just a few studs up at moment.
Some pics
Any help would be much appreciated
Regards. Scezy

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpg

S

Scezy

The nagging I can take been putting up with it for 28 years, I was on nights.
I would just like to take it a step at a time. Prepping floor(what to put on top of chipboard, what height will this take me to. Which shower tray former would be best at that size and for mosaic tiles as they would be easier for me to fit.
Supporting former and getting it right height to match other bathroom tiling.
Also best thing to finish stud wall off.
This should keep me going for a while, I'll also look at using maps I tanking kit,think I've got a £5 voucher for there.
Regards. Scezy

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Welcome!! I wouldn't have put up with that lol..

The guys are really friendly here so I am sure they will help you out

si.cleary

TF
Arms
Reaction score
When a man says he'll do something, he'll do it.........there's no need for the wife to keep nagging him every few months!

M

Marvo

Hee hee, I've got a bathroom that's almost identical, it's also been nearly a year. I got sidetracked with other projects and we have numerous other bathrooms so it was low priority but my new years resolution will be to get it finished so I'm following your thread with interest.

F

Flintstone

PCS delta boards on walls and floor, delta wet room former, available in many styles and sizes and can be cut down. Then once you have fitted all that, seal all joints and fixings with your chosen tanking tape / paste. That would be my choice. Assuming your tiling the lot ?

Reply to Sat for a year got to finish shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks