Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Salum gold opus limestone in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Afternoon gents. I’m laying a limestone opus floor, it’s Salum gold opus. Is there a specific technique when spacing them? It seems almost impossible to get an even grout joint consistently. Any help appreciated!

D

Dumbo

You just got to have a wide joint between 2 tiles Where it lines up with three tiles at a smaller joint . Now don't try and do it with a tight joint as differences in joint width show up more . I would be thinking my main joint about 5mm with some 6 and some 4 ish

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I’m finding the small square tiles are the ones that throw it all out! Top advice, many thanks

S

Spare Tool

Just done one last week and exactly the same with the small squares, they were a good 2 or 3mm bigger than the corresponding rectangular tile, ended up using 4mm spacers on the larger tiles and just red wedges and rack of the eye around the small square, not a lot else you can do really... I wouldn't get too hung up on it tbh as you'll notice once you finished that its about the overall look of the floor rather than individual lines and joints..

OP
S
Reaction score
Exactly Andy! That’s what I’m finding. I’ve been dry laying batch first to see how they sit together then trying to apply the same look with https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/! It’s a real pain staking process but I think they will look fine once grouted in. Thanks for your reply, you’ve made me feel a lot better!

D

Dumbo

Exactly Andy! That’s what I’m finding. I’ve been dry laying batch first to see how they sit together then trying to apply the same look with https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/! It’s a real pain staking process but I think they will look fine once grouted in. Thanks for your reply, you’ve made me feel a lot better!
You shouldn't feel bad anyway if they are different sizes you can't magic them right .

Reply to Salum gold opus limestone in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock