Discuss S1C2 adhesive for their floor tiles? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Evening, new to tiling. Doing a job for a friend using wood effect porcelain tiles onto a solid cement base. He's ordered the tiles and been told he needs an S1C2 adhesive!? I will be using a rapid set Flexi adhesive with a latex addative, is this the same thing?

Cheers,

Justin.

L

LM

Evening, new to tiling. Doing a job for a friend using wood effect porcelain tiles onto a solid cement base. He's ordered the tiles and been told he needs an S1C2 adhesive!? I will be using a rapid set Flexi adhesive with a latex addative, is this the same thing?

Cheers,

Justin.
That could end up an s2, what is the name of the adhesive?

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Cheers,

Justin.
You don't add an additive to a flexi adhesive

D

Dumbo

Cheers,

Justin.
You can c2te s1 or c2ft s1 straight of the shelves .

L

LM

ACA828F8-D3F7-4D7D-8B81-C54F70AD1441.jpeg

H

hmtiling

Cheers,

Justin.
A single part c2s1 is more than adequate. A C2 would also be adequate in this situation. Don't bother with a 2 part or rapid set as above

I

Italy

I need clarification, because I was left with mapei
who told me: use kerabond C1 with only latex and get S2.
now, I can not understand, an S1 with latex becomes S2.
However, I can not understand, only latex, or water and latex?
because maybe misunderstanding is just a matter of latex dosage.
I had found on the internet long ago, an Adhesive S1 becomes S2 with
1 part of water and 1 part of latex. but I could be wrong.
who wants to enlighten me?
(at least the apprentice learns something) :)

Reply to S1C2 adhesive for their floor tiles? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks