Discuss Rubi ts60 plus breaker problems in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

casioman

Hi, can anyone help here? I have Rubi ts60 that is breaking tiles around the breaker area on whole tile cuts only. This machine is new to me but second hand and seemed to work fine on test. I am new to tiling so I'm not sure if this is an equipment failure or user error? The tiles were 400 x 250 ceramic 9mm thick

C

casioman

Ahh, I think you might have it . the breaks where focused around the breaker and at the very end of the tile...which would follow what you have said. I will pay more attention to my scoring and see how I get on. Thanks

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
You don't have to score too heavy with your tiles, just a nice consistent score end to end, see how it goes and let us know if your still having problems.

C

casioman

Thanks I will bear this in mind . One other thing that you could advise me on . when wall tiling , what is the best way to fit the last tile at floor level when you have floor boards? I the main issues being unevenness and movement ?

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Curing the movement IE screwing down the floorboards 'should' beat both problems, then just mark each cut on each tile, if it's going to be a huge difference then depending on floor finish you could cut them all to the same size, looks neater but as I said, floor finish, what are you having ?

C

casioman

hi the floor is going to be stained as the rest of the house has old oak floor boards so it would look out of character to tile. Thanks for the tips.

C

casioman

Better tools don't make up for lack of skill...I've got a long way to go before I'm good enough to own a sigma :hurray:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
hi the floor is going to be stained as the rest of the house has old oak floor boards so it would look out of character to tile. Thanks for the tips.

It's going to look nasty if you can't get the bottom row of tiles somewhere near the same cut, see what happens once you've screwed down the floorboards.

S

Spud

i made the misatake of bringing a ts 60 to a glazed porcelain job on saturday it wouldnt cut the tiles and they chipped when I scribed them and just shattered when i tried to snap them after scoring ,i ended up having to wet cut everything lucky I had a wet cutter with me. ts 60 only good for ceramics in my honest opinion

D

Datom

TS60 will cut a lot of porcelain like someone said dependent on wheel type although TS is generally for ceramics the TX version was brought out to tackle porcelain.

Reply to Rubi ts60 plus breaker problems in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks