Discuss Rubi or Sigma users. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

TJ Smiler

Rubi for me, but then that's all i have ever used. Could switch the next time i'm purchasing but on a couple of trials with Sigma i just couldn't get the hang of it and found it hard to see my pencil mark on the tile.

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
After using rubi cutters for 15 years I tried a sigma couldn't get the hang of it , got a bit of advice off the sigma users I worked with and have never looked back , am getting fed up of lads who still use rubi asking me to get small cuts off a tile I wouldn't use a rubi cutter now even if you gave me it for free.

Reaction score
After using rubi cutters for 15 years I tried a sigma couldn't get the hang of it , got a bit of advice off the sigma users I worked with and have never looked back , am getting fed up of lads who still use rubi asking me to get small cuts off a tile I wouldn't use a rubi cutter now even if you gave me it for free.

Should have changed the blade after 15 years!!!!!!!. What do you expect.:lol:

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
looks like Rubi have it.. as usual.. the original and the best overall ;-)
I agree with the poll ,just shows how many people who need to be converted :)all the old school tilers I have ever worked with have swore by rubi cutters and they did used to be the best cutters out there,but by being the best brand they rested on there laurels and have been overtaken most rubis I used in the past were solid cutters now they seem to fall apart (nuts come loose etc) they aren't the same cutters as they once were plus with sigma it's one fluid motion scribe snap,with the rubi its scribe then reach for the breaker then snap and if its a small rip off a tile then you have to get your pinchers out,all time consuming to me.

M

m3fitter

I agree with the poll ,just shows how many people who need to be converted :)all the old school tilers I have ever worked with have swore by rubi cutters and they did used to be the best cutters out there,but by being the best brand they rested on there laurels and have been overtaken most rubis I used in the past were solid cutters now they seem to fall apart (nuts come loose etc) they aren't the same cutters as they once were plus with sigma it's one fluid motion scribe snap,with the rubi its scribe then reach for the breaker then snap and if its a small rip off a tile then you have to get your pinchers out,all time consuming to me.

hmmmm. not on my Rubi's.... maybe you're using the incorrect size wheel for the porc's / tiles ?? or incorrect cutter TX / TS etc..

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hmmmm. not on my Rubi's.... maybe you're using the incorrect size wheel for the porc's / tiles ?? or incorrect cutter TX / TS etc..

That may be the case but with my sigmas I don't have to worry about wheels or tx this or ts that they do the job regardless that's my point.

M

m3fitter

we'll have to agree to disagree on this one mz30, I'm passionate about Rubi, always have been.. been all over the world working from Germany, Italy, France, Latvia, Morrocco, Spain and Portugal, and the majority of foreign tilers I have worked with have had Rubi... its a personal preference thing

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ok mate ,just that I was a rubi user for 15 years ,and I loved them (I really did)and when a sigma was put in front of me I couldn't even use it at first,but I perservered and haven't looked back since,its whatever your comfortable with at the end of the day ,I will say if you give a sigma a chance for a week on all the different tiles you may use you will see the difference when you don't have to use different wheels etc I too have worked abroad and you are right they do use rubi cutters,just that I have found a better cutter for me.

Reply to Rubi or Sigma users. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks