Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss River stone tile repair in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
The bathroom shower has river stone tiles with the grout deteriorating and the stones coming out. I live on a remote island and it's almost impossible to get a contractor in to help. Looking for advice on DIY options. Do I remove everything or repair the damaged area? I've uploaded a video of the shower below. Any thoughts, suggestions or guidance would be much appreciated.

O

One Day

Hi I watched your video. Sorry to say, but it's basically all failed. Water has got underneath the pebbles, broken down the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and grout along with the wet tray surface. That's why things are coming loose and you're losing grout.
There are no solutions to your problem short of a complete rip out and re-do.
I'm kind of assuming you've got a foam-core wet tray looking at the video, so pebbles are a bad idea on those trays due to point loading, another possible factor in the failing.

W

Waluigi

Total guess but looks like a former without weep holes around the where the waste joins the former.

As a repair, I’d look into finding a Hi-Macs/Corian fabricator to put a single piece in.

A customer of mine had this done and the finish was superb.

Reply to River stone tile repair in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock