Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Right order of installing layers with UFH in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

S

shongu

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Everyone,

It was a long time I posted here, but always found good advice all the time.
I need some help on a bathroom where UFH going down.
The substrate at the moment is 22mm chipboard. In their specs they want to go over the chipboard with 6mm WEDI screwed, then electric UFH, I would go with SLC on top and ADH with the tiles.
Could you advise if this would be the the best order. or any better way to do it? Any advice would be very helpful.

OP
D

DavidP-TUFHS

I'd advise exactly the same spec as Harry - especially R:E the uncoupling mat, always advise it with stone because it is natural and therefore will have faults and fissures that make it fragile. As above you always want the decoupler directly below the tiled surface to effectively uncouple it from the (albeit miniaturised) heated screed below.

OP
S

shongu

Hi. Thank you for the answers. The tiles going to be handmade fire earth tiles.
So what I understand is that you would use a layer of dirta as well on top of the SLC?

OP
D

DavidP-TUFHS

Ditra is one option but will add quite a fair amount of depth to the build up and use a decent amount more https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/. Bal Rapid Mat or similar thin decoupler would be better if you're struggling for height.

OP
U

Uheat - Neil

The 6mm tile backer boards is best option , and then use our heat base decoupling membrane, which has the benefit of having a heating cable grooved into it , followed by coating of self levelling compound, this would save on the floor height, plus time

OP
J

J Sid

The 6mm tile backer boards is best option , and then use our heat base decoupling membrane, which has the benefit of having a heating cable grooved into it , followed by coating of self levelling compound, this would save on the floor height, plus time
what thickness is your heat base decoupling? Have you a link to it?
you recommend self levelling over before tile, can you not just tile straight over like similar products?

OP
M

MW Smith Ceramics

Hi Everyone,

It was a long time I posted here, but always found good advice all the time.
I need some help on a bathroom where UFH going down.
The substrate at the moment is 22mm chipboard. In their specs they want to go over the chipboard with 6mm WEDI screwed, then electric UFH, I would go with SLC on top and ADH with the tiles.
Could you advise if this would be the the best order. or any better way to do it? Any advice would be very helpful.
Same method as Hm tile on this one

OP
U

Uheat - Neil

you recommend self levelling over before tile, can you not just tile straight over like similar products?
Hi Julian i enclose a link to our website
Electric Undertile Heating Cable with HeatBase Decoupling Membrane - http://www.uheat.co.uk/electric-undertile-heating-cable-with-heatbase-decoupling-membrane/

Reply to Right order of installing layers with UFH in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock