Discuss Review: Rubi ND180 BL electric tile cutter.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

White Room

Re: Review : Rubi ND180 BL electric tile cutter..

Had mine about 2 years, Where I store my tools there's an engineer next door who said there's a bit of slack in my bearings (the nd 200 were talking about here) but said that it could be the way it's been engineered:yes:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Had mine about 2 years, Where I store my tools there's an engineer next door who said there's a bit of slack in my bearings (the nd 200 were talking about here) but said that it could be the way it's been engineered:yes:

My 200 has been quiet...........up until a couple of weeks ago.......then it just started making a racket :whatchutalkingabout

D

David - Tradetiler

Question for Dave N

Is the bearing in the ND 200 Repairable? as in.....can it be got at to change? :huh2:

My ND200 is making a horrible noise lately.......sounds like bearings to me:huh2:

No sorry - I hear plenty of motor recon places can change the bearing reasonably cheaply

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Well thats more money in these iffy times :furious3:

D

David - Tradetiler

If it's under 2 years old, therefore in warrantee, Rubi will give you a new motor FOC

G

Grace'sDad

Thanks for the review - I need a new small cutter anytime soon and I have 2 questions: Does the lack of a fully enclosed tray mean it sprays a bit/ a lot underneath and is the guard as easy to remove for plunge cuts as you make out?

Cheers!

D

DHTiling

Thanks for the review - I need a new small cutter anytime soon and I have 2 questions:
Does the lack of a fully enclosed tray mean it sprays a bit/
a lot underneath and
is the guard as easy to remove for plunge cuts as you make out?
Cheers!

I didn't notice any excessive water spray.....and yes the guard comes off very easy...2 screws .. quarter turn each and the guard slides out..and back in and re-tighten...

H

Highlander

Is Dave at Tradetiler getting them in stock??

Could do with a wee saw have the Bricolina fancy a change :thumbsup:

D

David - Tradetiler

I can get them to order if you like

Reaction score

reeett..still a better cutter than a plasplug though...:thumbsup:

Is it though??

Yes it's Rubi and yes that gets you a super dooper gaurantee :hurray: (not sure what plasplugs gaurantee is..) BUT.... is it better??

Has anyone got a Plasplugs Master machine that could comment?

I am thinking of a new small wet cutter and have looked at both the Plasplugs Master and the Rubi 180BL and can't make my mind up - B&Q hasthe plasplugs one in for 80quid :8:

I've got a large Rubi bridge saw and not had much bother but the 180BL just looks like a cheapo machine with a rubi sticker on.....

D

DHTiling

what good is your plasplug guarantee...they have shut shop according to the news...

A

atlantistiling

Not so sure about rubi electric cutters, their snap cutters are in a leugue of their own but i dont think the price for their power range reflects the quality as much

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Review: Rubi ND180 BL electric tile cutter.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks