Discuss Review: RotoZip (by Bosch) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Re: New Rotozip Review.....

Dave, have you got the 3 way chuck or collet system?
I initially had a problem of the bit getting loose (subsequently realised I wasn't using the nut and was only hand tightening!) and Bosch were very good - they sent me the collet system to try (don't use it though) and 3 spare diamond xbits!

D

doug boardley

I had something similar a bosch rotocut,
had it a few years before it finally packed in, bits weren't very good tho' and couldn't use it on site (240v) does rotozip come in 110v?

R

Rob Z

Here is a picture I found that shows how precisely the RotoZip will cut with the diamond blade attachment. This tile was cut for a toilet flange. The Rotozip is smoother and with less vibration than a grinder, and thus has less chance of breaking a tile.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

David - Tradetiler

The angle grinder add-on has to pass EU reg's before it can be sold in the UK, hopefully soon..
Also I have heard rumours of other exiting add-ons too. so once you have the machine it will become even more versatile.

BTW Dave, You will be most impressed by the Diamond Xbit. That it the accessory that really makes the RotoZip a tilers tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob Z

David,

I didn't think about the fact that not all attachments would be sold in every market. There are quite a few that are sold with the set of attachments that I got with my most recent RotoZip.

We have an 18V cordless that is mated up with Bosch batteries. It's pretty handy.

I still have my original RotoZip (from the mid 90's) that is so-so working condition. It still runs ok, but all the attachments are breaking and I can't fnd replacments. The on/off switch has problems but the motor is still running strong.

B

brian c

yes very good piece of kit but as usual..how much is it and like the fein do the tools cost an arm and a leg?:thumbsup:

cam_low

TF
Reaction score

these xcores seem to be the sucessor to 365drill bits but at such a cost ? Do you really get that much out of them ?

D

David - Tradetiler

I used it last weekend, was easy enough. I liked it

D

DHTiling

I used mine from Tradetiler to cut around 2 port holes in travertine...

Rotozip's are well worth the money and tradetiler does a cracking price on them.....get yours ASAP i say...

Attachments

• DSC00045.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 243

Reply to Review: RotoZip (by Bosch) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks