Discuss Review: New Rubi Duplex paddle mixer. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have been using the new Rubi Duplex twin headed paddle mixer for the past 2 weeks....

It is a really fast mixer when compared to a single paddle mixer...

The Rubi duplex paddle mixer has a good power rate as well..1350w

Well i thought lets put the Rubi duplex paddle mixer through it's paces...

So i set it up ready to go....

And it quickly mixed up my batch of flexible floor adhesive...

As you can see it is a really creamy mix..... I was impressed at how fast it mixed...

The Rubi duplex has 6 speed settings located on the handle where the power trigger is and you can alter the speed whilst the Rubi duplex is running..

Anyway that job was to install Ditra mat......

This job is the one i posted pics of last week...the tumbled marble one...

The Rubi duplex heads rotate in 2 directions...one to the right and the other to the left, this gives optimum mixing and no lumps...

It also cleans off easy...i first thought god!! that will be hard to clean but actually it was easy.....just a quick blast in clean water and a little touch up with a hand brush and it's clean...

The threads for the paddles are left and right hand threaded and the paddles are lettered which is which..L&R so make sure you use the correct paddle on each thread.....not spending ages like i did thinking it was cross threading...:lol:

So all in all the Rubi duplex is a great paddle mixer and at around £100 it will not break the bank....:thumbsup:

So i highly recommend the Rubi duplex paddle mixer and maybe Tradetiler will get them in stock for our members to buy...

So once again thanks to Rubi for letting me road test the Rubi duplex twin headed paddle mixer...

F

faithhealer

Re: Review of the new Rubi Duplex paddle mixer.

Looks the biz Dave, mixers have certainly become more affordable in the last year or so

O

Olz

I agree Dave, I used one at a trade day last week to mix up some of the new mapei two part SLC, spot on mixer, I found it light aswell. :thumbsup:

A

Aztectiler

Thanks Dave,

Been looking at getting one of these as CTD had them on offer a little while ago at £99. Wasn't sure of how good they were but you seem to be impressed.

Cheers:thumbsup:

honza1

TF
Reaction score

Dave: Anyway that job was to install Ditra mat......

me: Is this to make it waterproof?
Never used this stuff yet. I think I was removing it 1 time on demolition.
Orange crinkled plastic innit?

D

DHTiling

It was used for an isolation membrane on a wet heated screed and stone was installed..:thumbsup:..

this is the finished floor..

I used the same mixer for all the adhesive as well..

honza1

TF
Reaction score

Heated meaning underfloor heating?
Would not be green membrane from wickes cheaper? or would that not be suitable there?

I

icctiling

been looking to buy one of these for a long time now...anyone know where i can get hold of one ??

thanks
Ian

U

user123

re the paddle mixer - it looks as if you're leaning forward a bit, Dave, don't know how tall you are - do they have longer paddles or paddle extensions for those with dodgy backs?

The Rubi duplex heads rotate in 2 directions...one to the right and the other to the left, this gives optimum mixing and no lumps...

Same principle as a handheld food mixer then, I remember being laughed at when I mentioned I use an old food mixer for tiny amounts of addy and grout....pah... :20:

D

DHTiling

Thats not me in the pics....:smilewinkgrin:..it's my son....all 6ft 6 of him......so he is bound to bend over whilst mixing...:lol:

W

White Room

I wondered why the mixer looked small:yikes:

H

hillhead

That's a good lookin mixer Dave,i'm still using my eibenstock which does the job brill,but it won't last forever,its my second one in 3 and a half years now.
Before i bought my latest(second hand-4months old,£100) i near bought a rubi one,but the shop wanted £270 for it !! rough i thought.

W

White Room

I've had my eibenstock for ten years, the trigger was the only thing that needed replacing

Reply to Review: New Rubi Duplex paddle mixer. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks