Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Review:My Tools in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Ok here's a review of some of my tools as Dan requested. This review isn't aimed at the pro's on here more to the course trained and part-time fixers like myself. First my Genesis cutter from Nett it's a 600m cutter with rubi wheel works great cut's straight through 10mm pocelain no problem. My homelux wet cutter,worksd great,evolution paddle mixer you'll never regret buying one of these,safety glasses,don't used wet cutter or angle grinder without them or you'll be paying a vist to the a+e department and then some 365 drills and corner tape does exactly what it says on the box.

Attachments

• genesis.jpg
    genesis.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 231
  • glasses.jpg
    glasses.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 198
  • mixer.jpg
    mixer.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 217
  • tape.jpg
    tape.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 212
  • wet.jpg
    wet.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
W

White Room

I've a genises 400 for smaller diagnal floor tiles rather than taking the TX700:thumbsup:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I've got the evolution paddle mixer.. Only used it once. I never seem to need large quantities of addy/grout and find it easier to knock up by hand to be honest. :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more about the Genesis cutter though. Awesome! Especially for the price.

OP
D

Deleted member 9966

I wish I had a paddle mixer to be honest. I'm not designed to mix grout and addy by hand. No wonder I don't make very good sponge cakes :oops:

everything else looks spot on Rad. I have a very cheap wet cutter and a very cheap and nasty plasplugs cutter and I'm just a DIYer.

OP
D

davy_G

Rad, you keep that paddle in good nick. I admit to being a bit slack and letting the layers build up before hammering it off and starting again....

Good review of basic tools needed though:thumbsup:

OP
D

doug boardley

gonna give it till crimbo Liz, if things don't pick up I'm not gonna flog a dead horse.Plenty of other things I can do:thumbsup:

OP
R

Rad2474

Rad, you keep that paddle in good nick. I admit to being a bit slack and letting the layers build up before hammering it off and starting again....

Good review of basic tools needed though:thumbsup:
i do,after evey mix i stick it in a bucket of water at full speed washes it all of the flights just a bit around the shaft to hammer off now and then.

OP
D

doug boardley

note the highly unrecommended lack of guard on my angle grinder oops!!
also didn't realise I had another piccy of my beast!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Review:My Tools in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock