Discuss Review: Dewalt D24000 Tile saw. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi..

Here is my review on the Dewalt D24000 Tile saw i got from Trade tiler. coupled with the montolit DNA tile blade.

First impressions as i assembled the saw ,was that it was very well constructed and no flimsy parts.

A plus was that is was a lot lighter than my previous rail wet saw.

Anyway I set the saw up in the customer garage, it was quite a wet and windy day, so the garage was an ideal spot..

Only downside was the customer stored an old Ka in there as well.

But the side trays on the Dewalt D24000 and the spray guard meant that not a splash hit the car or the floor come to that.

The job in hand was a tumbled travertine floor in opus pattern.

So i did a few test cuts to familiarise myself and my lad with the saw and how it functioned.

So i tried to see what size cut it would do without breaking the off cut.. just really to see how balanced the blade was to the motor.

Well what can i say.. it cut 5mm slither from a 600 x 400 12mm stone tile like it was butter.The Montolit DNA blade is awsome.

I did a couple more cuts and i examined the cut edge... not a single chip in site.. a really smooth cut..

The operation of the Dewalt D24000 is really easy.. the on off switch is located right at the front and has the usual safety on/off switch found on the Dewalt saw range.

The saw has the ability to lock the sliding bed whilst transporting to and from the van etc.

The guide rails on the sliding bed are really smooth and no clunky or jerky type movement.

The power cord has a built in power saftey device, so no hazards there.

The water catchment trays on the side and back are easy to locate and remove and really do make a clean working area and if you wished to do so, you could cut indoors no probs.

You have directional double water jets to the blade so you can get the water direct to where you want it.

The blade change is really simple and just a couple allen screws and the supplied tools come with the saw and store around the back of the saw head.

The saw breaks down into the machine/tray and stand , so easy to carry and pack away in the van.

It is a well thought out tile saw and i am so pleased i eventually went for one.

I can not highly recommend this tile saw enough.. if you are in the market for a high quality tile saw then please do give the Dewalt D24000 a thought.

Attachments

• scooby doo 006.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 861
  • scooby doo 003.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 857
  • scooby doo 005.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 768
  • scooby doo 004.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 790
  • scooby doo 007.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 896
Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Genuine DeWALT- UK supplied stock (beware of imports) - 30 day 'no quibble' money back guarantee

• Stainless steel rail system is intergrated into the tile saw frame, ensuring super accurate cuts
  • Relatively low weight allows one person to transport and set up saw
  • Intergrated 45/22.5° feature for quick angle cuts
  • Plunge feature allows the user to make quick plunge cuts
  • Dual water nozzles can be adjusted on the blade in order to minimise over-spray and mist
  • Rear and water trays can be placed on the tile saw to catch overspray - keeping the water in the pan
  • Removeable cutting cart for easy cleaning of tile saw
  • Repetitive cut guide with two positions - 90° & 45°
  • Integrated portable residual current device (PRCD) circuit breaker for increased user protection
  • Power Input: 1600 Watts (240v) - 1500 Watts (110v)
  • Wheel Diameter: 250 mm Bore 25.4mm
  • No Load Speed: 4200 rpm
Dimentions:

• Main tray 690mm wide x 890mm long
  • Using back tray increases length by 400 mm
  • Sliding cart 430 x 430mm
  • Side extension table adds 230mm to right
  • Using side drip tray increases overall width to 900mm
  • Height adjustable to 3 levels
  • Weight 32 kg
Cutting Capacity:

• Max cut length: 760mm (plunge and cut)
    (can be increased to over 1,000mm by plunging and turning tile)
  • Max cut lenght: 660 mm (no plunge)
  • Widest tile cut in half at 90° 660 mm
  • Widest tile cut in half 45° 450 mm
  • Max depth of cut: 95 mm
    (Motor pillar 150mm back and 330m to left of blade)
Includes:

• Extention side table
  • Side and rear water collector
  • 2 x hex key and blade spanner
  • Support leg set
  • 30 day 'no quibble' money back guarantee
  • Free 12 months servicing contract
  • 12 months guarantee
  • 2 x Dewalt Premium porcelain blades Included

d2400-2blades.jpg

W

White Room

The DNA blade is well worth it as well I take it

Last edited by a moderator:
I

itstony

Dave,
Very good review. I agree that the machine is brilliant.
Please excuse me from dragging up an old argument about blades, but what is it with the promoting of the Monolit blade so much?

If you recall I own the Dewalt with Dewalt blade which was very good. From recommendations I bought the Monolit for £140. It was good, but not as good as the Dewalt for clean cutting. I should know from the amount of identical tiles I cut.
I then purchased a replacement Dewalt blade from the UK costing £55.
I did extensive comparisons and there was absolutely no doubt the Dewalt cut cleaner on Porcelain!
I did report this to the forum. I also repoted this to Dave at Trade tiler, who said he would respond, but never did?

I am not saying the Monolit is a bad blade, I use it a lot, but for best clean cutting the Dewalt is awesone.
I have no allegience to either, just an honest report on the two.
It appears the Monolit is always being promoted as a better blade when clearly it really isn't.
£55 for a better cut than that of a £140 blade is something to share.

P

peckers

Dave,
Very good review. I agree that the machine is brilliant.
Please excuse me from dragging up an old argument about blades, but what is it with the promoting of the Monolit blade so much?

If you recall I own the Dewalt with Dewalt blade which was very good. From recommendations I bought the Monolit for £140. It was good, but not as good as the Dewalt for clean cutting. I should know from the amount of identical tiles I cut.
I then purchased a replacement Dewalt blade from the UK costing £55.
I did extensive comparisons and there was absolutely no doubt the Dewalt cut cleaner on Porcelain!
I did report this to the forum. I also repoted this to Dave at Trade tiler, who said he would respond, but never did?

I am not saying the Monolit is a bad blade, I use it a lot, but for best clean cutting the Dewalt is awesone.
I have no allegience to either, just an honest report on the two.
It appears the Monolit is always being promoted as a better blade when clearly it really isn't.
£55 for a better cut than that of a £140 blade is something to share.
I have just done some of my own comparisons between the two blades and as I previously stated the dewalt blade that comes with the saw is a good blade and I found that it is better on the porcelain tiles and even had an edge on the montolit blade on thin stone tiles. But where the montolit blade came into its own was on the larger thicker stone tiles while cutting threw 30mm thick limestone the dewalt blade hardly got threw the tile but where as the montolit blade chomped threw it at ease.
It depends what you are trying to cut if its ceramics and porcelain then i use the standard dewalt blade. if it is quality thick stone then it is worth investing in the montolit blade imo :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I use my Dewalt for stone work and this is where i find the Montolit blade out performs the Dewalt standard blade with ease..

I do remember you saying about the probs with chipping but we can all say what we find with the blade and i prefer it 100% over the standard blade with stone.. but have not compared the 2 on porcelain..

Again all input is welcome that is the idea of any feedback on products.... I and other members can only post what we have come across etc..

I

itstony

Dave,
It's good to see your response is a posative one and not bias.
I do undertsand your view as different materials are a factor Point taken.

As I also stated, I do use the two blades and feel the Monolit is stronger and more robust. But. I will only use the Dewalt if I require the best fine cut for exposed edges etc.

It just appears the Monolit gets special promotion over the standard Dewalt blade which I believe is misleading and somewhat unfair making it appear the Monolit is the way to go.
When one is almost three times more expensive, it is very difficult to justify the Monolit is worth the extra when the cutting ability is not three times better.

I think it's important the feedback is worthy and members are made aware of all our findings. I bought the Monolit on recommendation and I honestly believe for me the extra 85 pounds was not really justified.

D

DHTiling

I agree but again i only promote what i find and i find the monty top notch.. Again if you see that the standard is better then again do please recommend it.. I and you or any other member can only say what we feel is worth it.. The standard blade for me struggles after a few cuts with stone especially travertine's and my stone supplier has the same saw and he too has difficulty , with the monty i can cut 38mm travertine quicker than he cuts 12mm travertine, So IMO the monty cuts Stone tiles very easy and i do not get any chipping or break out..

As for porcelain then i will try it but i use mainly my table saw for smaller tiles but if i do get some porcs of larger format then i promise i will report back with my findings..:)

A

Aston

its also worth pointing out that the price of the montolit blade is based on its longevity aswell as its performance, so if you get a superior blade and a a superior life expectancy, then these are factors that need to be considered too...

i havent used the the dna blade so i cant comment but i do use other montolit blades and i know for sure, that they are better quality than dewalt whether thats on their angle grinders, handheld wet saws or the mark 1 dewalt...

dewalt did bring a newer blade out on the mark 2, so i will see what that throws up ;0)

i dont think theres any special treatment for monti on here. its a mixed bag. every brand has it fors and against, and every brand has its own league of supporters...its those damn sigma users that are biased lol ;0)

A

Aston

one more thing i forgot to mention...i was told that the montolit dna use higher grade south african diamonds on their blades than the dewalt blades, so that will also contribute to the higher cost...

hope this helps :thumbsup:
ed

Reply to Review: Dewalt D24000 Tile saw. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks