Discuss Removing Tiles Laid On No More Ply in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Butch

I need to remove a few porcelain tiles laid over no more ply on wooden flloring using mapei adhesive so as to gain access to some onder-floor services. Any tips on the best way to achieve this? Thanks for any help.
Butch

S

StevieBoy

When I remove floor tiles, I disc cut down the grout joints carefully but use a Hoover to catch the dust, then starting at one corner break it out with a hammer and chisel.

M

Mr Tiler

I rake grout out using a stanley blade, smash tile with round edge of my hammer slowly and then use hammer and chisel slowly

B

Butch

When I remove floor tiles, I disc cut down the grout joints carefully but use a Hoover to catch the dust, then starting at one corner break it out with a hammer and chisel.

Thanks for yor help, StevieBoy

Last edited by a moderator:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Same as but out from the middle so as not to catch chisel on any surrounding tiles

B

Butch

If possible, go in from the ceiling underneath, it'll be loads cheaper to patch a ceiling than repair the floor.

Thanks for the reply, Bri. Unfortunately it is a ground floor kitchen with no access under the floor.
Butch

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I recently had to lift a porc tile onto NMP, I did as described above, cut the grout joint and start at a corner. It came up surprisingly well from the NMP,easier than I was expecting

C

Ceramic Art Ste

Getting the tile up off nmp is ok. It's getting the NMP off wooden flooring that's the nightmare lol

Reply to Removing Tiles Laid On No More Ply in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks